When you setup your wireless network, try to avoid these common mistakes.
Lets start with the basics:
1. When you plug in your router, you have to give it a name. Don’t use your last name. You don’t need to tell anyone with malicious intent that this is your network.
2. Turn off the broadcast. Go into your settings and turn off your SSID Broadcast… that’s your network name. It’s not necessary for your network to scream HERE I AM!!!
3. Make absolutely sure you turn on encryption to secure your network. WPA allows you to use easy to remember passwords.
Don’t understand what we’re talking about, get some help. This one’s too important to get wrong.
For more check out our video: here
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
Latest Data Doctors
- Don't worry: Portable cellphone battery chargers are not likely to explode
- A webcam hack is a problem, but a sign of a much larger issue
- The difference between water-resistant and waterproof in smartphones
- Is it safe to have your browser store all of your passwords?
- Using a password management program can be a good way to stay safe online