Lots of you got new smartphones yesterday, and we know how exciting a new device can be.
But we also know how disappointing it is, when the thing dies after just a short amount of time.
Now that you have your shiny new smartphone in your hand, lets make some basic adjustments to make the battery life last longer.
First, adjust your brightness. Many people keep their screens so bright, an airplane can use it as a beacon. If it’s so bright it lights up a dark room, turn it down. Set it to read it comfortably then let it auto adjust.
Now for your WiFi… connect to the few networks you need, but don’t have it search for networks continuously. Turn it off. Also, turn off your bluetooth when you’re not using it. Uneeded wireless features running in the background drain your battery.
Finally, you know those annoying, random and never ending dings you hear on other people’s phones? That’s because they are letting their phones push emails and Facebook updates to them. This constant push drains the battery unnecessarily. Instead, set it so your phone gets your email and other updates when you open the app.
For more check out our video: here
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
Latest Data Doctors
- How to tell if you were exposed to the HP key-tracking problem
- If you're still using Windows Vista, you might want to consider an upgrade
- Some questions and answers about creating a paperless home
- Lessons and tips we can all learn from 1 billion hacked Yahoo accounts
- Should I consider adding Trusteer Endpoint Protection to my computer?