Lots of you got new smartphones yesterday, and we know how exciting a new device can be.
But we also know how disappointing it is, when the thing dies after just a short amount of time.
Now that you have your shiny new smartphone in your hand, lets make some basic adjustments to make the battery life last longer.
First, adjust your brightness. Many people keep their screens so bright, an airplane can use it as a beacon. If it’s so bright it lights up a dark room, turn it down. Set it to read it comfortably then let it auto adjust.
Now for your WiFi… connect to the few networks you need, but don’t have it search for networks continuously. Turn it off. Also, turn off your bluetooth when you’re not using it. Uneeded wireless features running in the background drain your battery.
Finally, you know those annoying, random and never ending dings you hear on other people’s phones? That’s because they are letting their phones push emails and Facebook updates to them. This constant push drains the battery unnecessarily. Instead, set it so your phone gets your email and other updates when you open the app.
For more check out our video: here
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
Latest Data Doctors
- Lessons and tips we can all learn from 1 billion hacked Yahoo accounts
- Should I consider adding Trusteer Endpoint Protection to my computer?
- Know your options if you are suddenly hit with ransomware
- If hackers can access public figures' email accounts, how can I stay safe?
- Don't worry: Portable cellphone battery chargers are not likely to explode