Lots of you got new smartphones yesterday, and we know how exciting a new device can be.
But we also know how disappointing it is, when the thing dies after just a short amount of time.
Now that you have your shiny new smartphone in your hand, lets make some basic adjustments to make the battery life last longer.
First, adjust your brightness. Many people keep their screens so bright, an airplane can use it as a beacon. If it’s so bright it lights up a dark room, turn it down. Set it to read it comfortably then let it auto adjust.
Now for your WiFi… connect to the few networks you need, but don’t have it search for networks continuously. Turn it off. Also, turn off your bluetooth when you’re not using it. Uneeded wireless features running in the background drain your battery.
Finally, you know those annoying, random and never ending dings you hear on other people’s phones? That’s because they are letting their phones push emails and Facebook updates to them. This constant push drains the battery unnecessarily. Instead, set it so your phone gets your email and other updates when you open the app.
For more check out our video: here
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food