Lots of you got new smartphones yesterday, and we know how exciting a new device can be.
But we also know how disappointing it is, when the thing dies after just a short amount of time.
Now that you have your shiny new smartphone in your hand, lets make some basic adjustments to make the battery life last longer.
First, adjust your brightness. Many people keep their screens so bright, an airplane can use it as a beacon. If it’s so bright it lights up a dark room, turn it down. Set it to read it comfortably then let it auto adjust.
Now for your WiFi… connect to the few networks you need, but don’t have it search for networks continuously. Turn it off. Also, turn off your bluetooth when you’re not using it. Uneeded wireless features running in the background drain your battery.
Finally, you know those annoying, random and never ending dings you hear on other people’s phones? That’s because they are letting their phones push emails and Facebook updates to them. This constant push drains the battery unnecessarily. Instead, set it so your phone gets your email and other updates when you open the app.
For more check out our video: here
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
Latest Data Doctors
- You can use an old smartphone as a security system depending on your needs
- Is getting an Apple smartphone really safer than one that runs Android?
- This is why you still can't use chipped credit cards everywhere
- If you're having trouble upgrading, you may have a computer hardware issue
- Businesses need to take steps to avoid wire transfer scams