I’m strongly considering a jump from my iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy S III but concerned about getting all my stuff over. Is this an easy thing to do or is it going to be a nightmare?
The smartphone battle has definitely heated up with the release of Samsung’s flagship Galaxy S III and I’m hearing this from more iPhone users than with any previous Android phone release.
The primary concerns for most users are the apps, music, contacts and photos; the more of these items you have, the more complex it can be.
If you don’t really have any apps or music that you care about, than the transition would be rather painless and quick using an app called Bump that is available for both platforms.
You simply install the app on both phones, select all your contacts (or just the ones you want to transfer) and then ‘bump’ the phones together to transfer them. It’s very easy to setup and transfer, so this won’t require any real technical skills to execute.
‘Bumping’ your photos takes a little more time because there is no ‘select all’ option, but think of it as an opportunity to get rid of those less desirable photos. One downside to this method is that Bump compresses the photos to transfer them, so if you want them in the original resolution, I’d use Picasa to import them (& any videos you shot) from the iPhone.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
Latest Data Doctors
- Is it safe to have your browser store all of your passwords?
- Using a password management program can be a good way to stay safe online
- Why is Apple getting rid of the headphone jack in the iPhone 7?
- Do some thinking, testing before you spend big on voice recognition software
- Sharing your Netflix password is not against the law