The reason that I do not believe or trust politicians is because they lie, mislead and cheat.
Too of strong words? President Obama, said in a recent radio address that his proposed reforms “won’t touch your guaranteed Medicare benefits. Not by a single dime.”
According to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), Obamacare cuts $716 billion from Medicare over the next 10 years and uses these “savings” from Medicare to fund other entitlement expansions mandated by the Affordable Health Care Act, commonly called Obamacare.
Medicare becomes a cash cow for Obamacare, and the Medicare “savings” from payment cuts are not put back into making Medicare solvent. Such massive payment cuts do impact Medicare benefits, as well as seniors’ access to those benefits.
The impact of these cuts will be detrimental to seniors’ access to care. The Medicare Trustees 2012 Report concludes that lower Medicare payment rates, which have already started, will cause an estimated 15 percent of hospitals, skilled nursing facilities and home health agencies to operate at a loss by 2019, 25 percent to operate at a loss in 2030, and 40 percent by 2050. Operating at a loss means these facilities are likely to cut back their services to Medicare patients or close their doors, making it more difficult for seniors to access these services.
There will be a new payroll tax which funds Medicare Part A, the trust fund that is projected to become insolvent as soon as 2024. Obamacare increases the tax from 2.9 percent to 3.8 percent, which is projected to cost taxpayers $318 billion from 2013 to 2022. However, for the very first time, Obamacare does not use the tax revenue from the increased Medicare payroll tax to pay for Medicare — the money is used to fund other parts of Obamacare, much like the $716 billion in cuts are.
I do not know if all of this could be dealt with better or not. What I do know is that, like his buddies on both sides of the political spectrum, the president speaks out of both sides of his mouth.
If you have Medicare, watch out! You are going to be sweet talked out of what you have earned all these years. Do you want money targeted for you going to another part of the population?
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon