Rosie likes a product called Termidor, which contains a very small amount of fipronil, the same ingredient used for flea and tick control on dogs and cats.
It’s odorless, so you won’t be able to smell it, and termites can’t smell or taste it. So they won’t notice that they’re walking on it or if it gets on their bodies, so they ingest some of it and carrying the rest back to their nests, where they share it with their disgusting little friends every time they touch one of them.
Termites have been found across 70% of the world and have survived environmental changes from creation.
In North America alone, termites invade more than 1.5 million homes causing 2.5 billion in damage. Termites only require 1/64 – inch space to enter your home; that’s the thickness of a piece of paper.
For more information and for answers to all YOUR Landscape, Garden and Home Improvement questions, visit our website, Rosie on the House.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon