We are always amazed at the topics that generate a significant response from our listeners; in this case ants!
If you’d like to catch up or follow along on our ant journey in search of an eradication method that is effective, yet acceptable to all, below are the links to the segments covered on air, in chronological order. If you are just looking for the quick answers and all the recourses and methods you’ve heard us laughing about with our callers simply scroll to suggestions from listeners.
Suggestions from listeners:
Complete compiled list of recommendations from the hosts, listeners and Rosie on the House exterminations partners.
Small Apple slices (kills the queen ant due to digestive problems)
Corn meal (may harm bird digestion, use with caution)
Grits (safe for bird digestion)
Cinnamon (deterrent only)
Organic eradication products
Diatomaceous Earth also commonly referred to as D.E.
Common over-the-counter ant poisons:
Amdro (FDA approved formula and less toxic than table salt)
Max Force (FDA approved formula)
Suggestions from The Formula Book: (NOT Recommended by Rosie on the House.)
Kerosene (may harm soil for planting) mixed with Moth Crystals (more toxic than moth balls to kill certain bugs)
For additional information on controlling the ants and other pests visit Blue Sky Pest Control.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon