Sometimes I just shake my head at the news.
It might be pop-culture, might be a health story or it could be something from politics.
Over the last few days, all of these stories have left me scratching my head for one reason or another.
Eggs, they’re bad for us, again, at least according to this article. Now, I’m no genius, but really as bad as smoking cigarettes? And what about this article from only six years ago about the benefits of eggs?
Then I heard a few sound bytes saying they’re okay for you, as long as you limit your intake to one egg per day. The first report that says they’re bad for us says no more than four a week. Personally, I feel like if you don’t eat an omelette a day, you’re going to be okay. Just don’t eat them in excess and you’ll be fine.
Then there’s these comments from Megadeth front-man Dave Mustaine, claiming President Obama wants to pass a gun-ban so he’s staging murders.
Like or hate President Obama, he’s not trying to pass any gun ban. Deal with it. I don’t even see the logic in Mustaine making these comments. He was in Singapore, so I get trying to rile up the crowd, but is making the gun argument the best way to go there? In the U.S., the rate of private gun ownership is roughly 89 firearms per 100 people. In Singapore it’s 0.5 firearms per 100 people. Seems to me like Singapore isn’t nearly as gun friendly as the U.S.
Then there’s this situation where people are advocating President Obama dump V.P. Joe Biden in favor of Hilary Clinton.
A few reasons I don’t see this happening:
1. There’s only three weeks left for Obama to do this and we haven’t see any indication he will. Joe Biden was a gaffe machine before he became vice president and he always will be, but Obama knew that before he selected him in ’08.
2. The people calling for Obama to make the switch are primarily Republicans. Sarah Palin, Senator John McCain and the rest of them can all say it’d be wise for a switch to be made, but I’m willing to wager if a switch was in fact made they’d also be among the first to say Obama appeared desperate by making such a move. It’s just politics of the worst kind.
How about debating some serious issues, the economy, energy independence, the economy, healthcare, and oh yeah, the economy too?
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains