Sometimes I just shake my head at the news.
It might be pop-culture, might be a health story or it could be something from politics.
Over the last few days, all of these stories have left me scratching my head for one reason or another.
Eggs, they’re bad for us, again, at least according to this article. Now, I’m no genius, but really as bad as smoking cigarettes? And what about this article from only six years ago about the benefits of eggs?
Then I heard a few sound bytes saying they’re okay for you, as long as you limit your intake to one egg per day. The first report that says they’re bad for us says no more than four a week. Personally, I feel like if you don’t eat an omelette a day, you’re going to be okay. Just don’t eat them in excess and you’ll be fine.
Then there’s these comments from Megadeth front-man Dave Mustaine, claiming President Obama wants to pass a gun-ban so he’s staging murders.
Like or hate President Obama, he’s not trying to pass any gun ban. Deal with it. I don’t even see the logic in Mustaine making these comments. He was in Singapore, so I get trying to rile up the crowd, but is making the gun argument the best way to go there? In the U.S., the rate of private gun ownership is roughly 89 firearms per 100 people. In Singapore it’s 0.5 firearms per 100 people. Seems to me like Singapore isn’t nearly as gun friendly as the U.S.
Then there’s this situation where people are advocating President Obama dump V.P. Joe Biden in favor of Hilary Clinton.
A few reasons I don’t see this happening:
1. There’s only three weeks left for Obama to do this and we haven’t see any indication he will. Joe Biden was a gaffe machine before he became vice president and he always will be, but Obama knew that before he selected him in ’08.
2. The people calling for Obama to make the switch are primarily Republicans. Sarah Palin, Senator John McCain and the rest of them can all say it’d be wise for a switch to be made, but I’m willing to wager if a switch was in fact made they’d also be among the first to say Obama appeared desperate by making such a move. It’s just politics of the worst kind.
How about debating some serious issues, the economy, energy independence, the economy, healthcare, and oh yeah, the economy too?
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl