Sometimes I just shake my head at the news.
It might be pop-culture, might be a health story or it could be something from politics.
Over the last few days, all of these stories have left me scratching my head for one reason or another.
Eggs, they’re bad for us, again, at least according to this article. Now, I’m no genius, but really as bad as smoking cigarettes? And what about this article from only six years ago about the benefits of eggs?
Then I heard a few sound bytes saying they’re okay for you, as long as you limit your intake to one egg per day. The first report that says they’re bad for us says no more than four a week. Personally, I feel like if you don’t eat an omelette a day, you’re going to be okay. Just don’t eat them in excess and you’ll be fine.
Then there’s these comments from Megadeth front-man Dave Mustaine, claiming President Obama wants to pass a gun-ban so he’s staging murders.
Like or hate President Obama, he’s not trying to pass any gun ban. Deal with it. I don’t even see the logic in Mustaine making these comments. He was in Singapore, so I get trying to rile up the crowd, but is making the gun argument the best way to go there? In the U.S., the rate of private gun ownership is roughly 89 firearms per 100 people. In Singapore it’s 0.5 firearms per 100 people. Seems to me like Singapore isn’t nearly as gun friendly as the U.S.
Then there’s this situation where people are advocating President Obama dump V.P. Joe Biden in favor of Hilary Clinton.
A few reasons I don’t see this happening:
1. There’s only three weeks left for Obama to do this and we haven’t see any indication he will. Joe Biden was a gaffe machine before he became vice president and he always will be, but Obama knew that before he selected him in ’08.
2. The people calling for Obama to make the switch are primarily Republicans. Sarah Palin, Senator John McCain and the rest of them can all say it’d be wise for a switch to be made, but I’m willing to wager if a switch was in fact made they’d also be among the first to say Obama appeared desperate by making such a move. It’s just politics of the worst kind.
How about debating some serious issues, the economy, energy independence, the economy, healthcare, and oh yeah, the economy too?
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development