It doesn’t matter who the Catholic Church chooses as its new pope.
They have no credibility. Why? Four cardinals involved in selecting a new pope have been involved in cover-ups and allowing abuse to flourish. These four men are among the worst offenders, yet they still have a say! Really?!
Cardinal Roger Mahony, the former archbishop of Los Angeles, worked to conceal multiple accusations of child molestation committed by priests in the 1980s.
The former leader of the Catholic Church in Ireland, Cardinal Sean Brady, did not follow up on evidence concerning molestation by a priest. That same priest became a serial molester.
Cardinal Justin Rigali, former head of the Philadelphia Archdiocese, was finally convinced by not one, but TWO grand juries to suspend 21 priests for molesting children.
Cardinal Godfried Danneels, the former head of the Belgian church, once told a victim that he didn’t see a point in “making a lot of noise” about abuse sustained by the victim because his abuser was retiring.
If these four were absent from the conclave, that would show me, a former member of the Catholic Church, that the church is finally serious about making the right decisions.
Instead, these four are at the conclave proving the Catholic Church has learned absolutely nothing since the abuse scandal.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns