It doesn’t matter who the Catholic Church chooses as its new pope.
They have no credibility. Why? Four cardinals involved in selecting a new pope have been involved in cover-ups and allowing abuse to flourish. These four men are among the worst offenders, yet they still have a say! Really?!
Cardinal Roger Mahony, the former archbishop of Los Angeles, worked to conceal multiple accusations of child molestation committed by priests in the 1980s.
The former leader of the Catholic Church in Ireland, Cardinal Sean Brady, did not follow up on evidence concerning molestation by a priest. That same priest became a serial molester.
Cardinal Justin Rigali, former head of the Philadelphia Archdiocese, was finally convinced by not one, but TWO grand juries to suspend 21 priests for molesting children.
Cardinal Godfried Danneels, the former head of the Belgian church, once told a victim that he didn’t see a point in “making a lot of noise” about abuse sustained by the victim because his abuser was retiring.
If these four were absent from the conclave, that would show me, a former member of the Catholic Church, that the church is finally serious about making the right decisions.
Instead, these four are at the conclave proving the Catholic Church has learned absolutely nothing since the abuse scandal.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon