It doesn’t matter who the Catholic Church chooses as its new pope.
They have no credibility. Why? Four cardinals involved in selecting a new pope have been involved in cover-ups and allowing abuse to flourish. These four men are among the worst offenders, yet they still have a say! Really?!
Cardinal Roger Mahony, the former archbishop of Los Angeles, worked to conceal multiple accusations of child molestation committed by priests in the 1980s.
The former leader of the Catholic Church in Ireland, Cardinal Sean Brady, did not follow up on evidence concerning molestation by a priest. That same priest became a serial molester.
Cardinal Justin Rigali, former head of the Philadelphia Archdiocese, was finally convinced by not one, but TWO grand juries to suspend 21 priests for molesting children.
Cardinal Godfried Danneels, the former head of the Belgian church, once told a victim that he didn’t see a point in “making a lot of noise” about abuse sustained by the victim because his abuser was retiring.
If these four were absent from the conclave, that would show me, a former member of the Catholic Church, that the church is finally serious about making the right decisions.
Instead, these four are at the conclave proving the Catholic Church has learned absolutely nothing since the abuse scandal.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night