President Obama has a decision to make.
After Russia used military force in Ukraine, the president of our country warned Russia to stop its stiff-armed aggression that is a reflection of its past Communist playbook when the former USSR occupied countries like Georgia, Czechoslovakia, Lithuania and the Ukraine.
But for most Americans, especially if you’re under the age of 40, the Cold War is something that exists in textbooks or stories of relatives and friends who lived in fear of bomb drills in schools, the Bay of Pigs, mutually assured destruction and the Miracle on Ice.
As a country, we have moved on from the Cold War, but the leaders of Russia (formerly the USSR during the reign of Communism) seemed to have forgotten Gorbachev and Glasnost.
So now, the president has to figure out how to deal with Russia. Will he evoke the Kennedy Administration, choosing to stare down an enemy, or will he act like George W. Bush and do nothing as the former Communist state keeps up the facade that they are all about Western freedom, while acting like the old hammer-and-sickle, Iron Curtain dictatorship?
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development