President Obama has a decision to make.
After Russia used military force in Ukraine, the president of our country warned Russia to stop its stiff-armed aggression that is a reflection of its past Communist playbook when the former USSR occupied countries like Georgia, Czechoslovakia, Lithuania and the Ukraine.
But for most Americans, especially if you’re under the age of 40, the Cold War is something that exists in textbooks or stories of relatives and friends who lived in fear of bomb drills in schools, the Bay of Pigs, mutually assured destruction and the Miracle on Ice.
As a country, we have moved on from the Cold War, but the leaders of Russia (formerly the USSR during the reign of Communism) seemed to have forgotten Gorbachev and Glasnost.
So now, the president has to figure out how to deal with Russia. Will he evoke the Kennedy Administration, choosing to stare down an enemy, or will he act like George W. Bush and do nothing as the former Communist state keeps up the facade that they are all about Western freedom, while acting like the old hammer-and-sickle, Iron Curtain dictatorship?
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.