President Obama has a decision to make.
After Russia used military force in Ukraine, the president of our country warned Russia to stop its stiff-armed aggression that is a reflection of its past Communist playbook when the former USSR occupied countries like Georgia, Czechoslovakia, Lithuania and the Ukraine.
But for most Americans, especially if you’re under the age of 40, the Cold War is something that exists in textbooks or stories of relatives and friends who lived in fear of bomb drills in schools, the Bay of Pigs, mutually assured destruction and the Miracle on Ice.
As a country, we have moved on from the Cold War, but the leaders of Russia (formerly the USSR during the reign of Communism) seemed to have forgotten Gorbachev and Glasnost.
So now, the president has to figure out how to deal with Russia. Will he evoke the Kennedy Administration, choosing to stare down an enemy, or will he act like George W. Bush and do nothing as the former Communist state keeps up the facade that they are all about Western freedom, while acting like the old hammer-and-sickle, Iron Curtain dictatorship?
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night