I find it curious that earlier last month, the gun legislation that President Obama desperately wanted failed to pass.
Americans claim to want more restrictions on purchasing fire arms, so you would think that expanded background checks would be welcomed with an overwhelming consensus.
But what Americans are saying to pollsters and what we truly want are mutually exclusive ideas. I think it’s the NIMBY (Not In MY Back Yard) effect.
Sure, we all want to stop mass shootings, but when it comes to actually passing legislation to curb our ability to purchase firearms, we cannot pull the trigger on Obama’s bill.
Now there is a new poll that says more Arizonans want stricter gun laws. Do we really? Or is that just lip service to the children of Newtown?
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development