3 Quarts popped popcorn
3 Cups dry roasted mixed nuts, unsalted
1 Cup packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Karo corn Syrup
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
(I make a double recipe of sauce to coat a roasting pan full of popcorn)
Preheat oven to 250.
Place popcorn and nuts in large roasting pan in the oven while preparing sauce.
In saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt.
Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Continue to boil for 4 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat.
Stir in baking soda and vanilla.
Pour over warm popcorn, tossing to coat well.
Bake another 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Stir as it cools. Once it cools, break apart.
Store in airtight container.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night