Fifteen people were arrested in Tucson Saturday after Arizona lost to Wisconsin in this year’s NCAA men’s basketball tournament.
Police used pepper shot and tear gas to disperse crowds that had gathered on University Boulevard. Some in that crowd threw beer cans and other things at Tucson Police. That’s never a good idea. All was calm again by late Saturday night.
Riots aren’t new to sports. Here’s a list of five of the worst to take place.
1) Vancouver, 2011
After the Vancouver Canucks lost the Stanley Cup finals to the Boston Bruins, fans began to throw bottles at the outdoor large screens they were watching the game on. From there, it turned into a full-fledged riot. Buildings were damaged, stores were looted and destroyed. Close to 150 people were injured and almost 100 were arrested.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon