The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence has released a new online ad.
The ad attempts to recreate the night Trayvon Martin was shot by George Zimmerman in Sanford, Fla. The audio is from the actual 911 calls from that night. The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence’s goal is to get people to stand up to stand your ground laws.
Notice the end of the ad. It shows several hooded men lying on the ground, apparently having been shot by gun-wielding neighborhood watchmen.
Is the ad effective? Yes. Even if you don’t agree with their stance, the ad is still very effective. It’s shocking. It’s in your face. Ads like this typically get their message across very well.
Of course, it’s also worth noting Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law didn’t come into play during George Zimmerman’s trial. He was acquitted of second-degree murder due to lack of evidence.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon