What do we really care about?
I’ll admit to growing weary of politicians and government procedure. But I still pay attention to what they say and what they do. I do it because I care. It’s exactly how and why I ended up working at KTAR.
I know many of you care. But I know plenty of you don’t. That’s frustrating.
I imagine the reasons vary. Politics is boring. It’s hard to follow. Politicians are just blowhards. I understand. But here’s what I have difficulty wrapping my head around: why Beyonce lip-syncing the national anthem has become a bigger story than President Obama’s second inaugural address.
The Beyonce story just won’t die. The news is acting as if this is some sort of scandal. It’s not. And it’s not important.
Neither is the first lady’s belt, yet it’s already sold out. So are Sasha and Malia’s coats. Perhaps this is the reason nothing changes in Washington. America seems too worried about lip-syncing instead of wondering why the Treasury Department has to borrow money to stay current on bills.
Of course, the politicians wouldn’t have it any other way. A less engaged electorate allows them to continue their back-room deals, continue spending more of your money and raising the debt.
They’ve done this for years without serious consequences. Instead, they are rewarded with re-election after re-election. Nothing will change until the rewards cease.
Until that day comes, I’ll guess I’ll just wait to see which fashion trend Michelle Obama starts next.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food