What does your email inbox say about you?
Here are all the types.
Bruce is a cross between email neat freak and email destroyer. I glanced over at his inbox to see five emails Wednesday morning. I’m sure they are already in the deleted folder. Bruce admits to declaring email bankruptcy when he gets too far behind. This is when he deletes everything and starts over.
Pamela and I both tend to be email chaos lovers. Why? Because we can’t keep up with our overflowing inboxes. I have two email accounts and I’m behind on both of them. There are 1,846 unread emails in my work email (email@example.com if you’d like to add to it). I just changed the settings on my gmail account to hide many of the unread emails. Right now, it says I have 86 of them, but the truth is I have about 4,000. Chaos.
I just don’t want to devote the time to keep an inbox spotless. This is sort of how my life works in general, except that I leave things in piles, not files. It drives my wife crazy. But, that’s just how my mind works.
What’s your email type? And what does that say about you?
Rob Hunter is Bruce St. James’ sidekick weekdays from 9 a.m. to noon. He also co-hosts “Rob & Mark,” Saturdays from noon to 3 p.m.
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match