What does your email inbox say about you?
Here are all the types.
Bruce is a cross between email neat freak and email destroyer. I glanced over at his inbox to see five emails Wednesday morning. I’m sure they are already in the deleted folder. Bruce admits to declaring email bankruptcy when he gets too far behind. This is when he deletes everything and starts over.
Pamela and I both tend to be email chaos lovers. Why? Because we can’t keep up with our overflowing inboxes. I have two email accounts and I’m behind on both of them. There are 1,846 unread emails in my work email (email@example.com if you’d like to add to it). I just changed the settings on my gmail account to hide many of the unread emails. Right now, it says I have 86 of them, but the truth is I have about 4,000. Chaos.
I just don’t want to devote the time to keep an inbox spotless. This is sort of how my life works in general, except that I leave things in piles, not files. It drives my wife crazy. But, that’s just how my mind works.
What’s your email type? And what does that say about you?
Rob Hunter is Bruce St. James’ sidekick weekdays from 9 a.m. to noon. He also co-hosts “Rob & Mark,” Saturdays from noon to 3 p.m.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food