What does your email inbox say about you?
Here are all the types.
Bruce is a cross between email neat freak and email destroyer. I glanced over at his inbox to see five emails Wednesday morning. I’m sure they are already in the deleted folder. Bruce admits to declaring email bankruptcy when he gets too far behind. This is when he deletes everything and starts over.
Pamela and I both tend to be email chaos lovers. Why? Because we can’t keep up with our overflowing inboxes. I have two email accounts and I’m behind on both of them. There are 1,846 unread emails in my work email (firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to add to it). I just changed the settings on my gmail account to hide many of the unread emails. Right now, it says I have 86 of them, but the truth is I have about 4,000. Chaos.
I just don’t want to devote the time to keep an inbox spotless. This is sort of how my life works in general, except that I leave things in piles, not files. It drives my wife crazy. But, that’s just how my mind works.
What’s your email type? And what does that say about you?
Rob Hunter is Bruce St. James’ sidekick weekdays from 9 a.m. to noon. He also co-hosts “Rob & Mark,” Saturdays from noon to 3 p.m.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains