I have bad news: for the rest of the summer, you can eat basically all you want at TGI Fridays.
Appetizers, that is.
The restaurant chain has instituted an unlimited-appetizers plan. Choose an appetizer from the list of favorites (yes, that includes the potato skins,) boneless wings, and mozzarella sticks and get unlimited refills.
Sharing is officially discouraged, but the chain said its servers “aren’t policemen” so in actuality, you can bring eight friends for all the wings you can throw down.
You should probably bring all the friends you have, too, because this will be the undoing of that better eating plan you had been meaning to begin.
That’s what I mean about bad news. We in America cannot handle the responsibility of free food.
We will ride this free-refills train right into the ground and we won’t think twice because of all the potato skins we got for $12.99.
I know, there are some people who can walk by the office party where they are serving cake and say no thanks, but there are too many Americans who can’t.
Those Americans should probably avoid TGIF til October.
The amount of sugar and fat in the typical restaurant meal is already in the danger zone, so if we upsize our appetizers, we are clearly headed for trouble.
Friday’s tried this plan out in Cincinnati a few months ago and managers there said few people took advantage of the promotion by sharing or over-ordering. But sales at the restaurant went up nearly double digits.
I rest my case.
This might seem like an oversimplification, (OK, it’s CLEARLY pretty simple, but …) all-you-can-eat policies often lead to people eating all they can.
And that’s the last thing we need.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier