I have bad news: for the rest of the summer, you can eat basically all you want at TGI Fridays.
Appetizers, that is.
The restaurant chain has instituted an unlimited-appetizers plan. Choose an appetizer from the list of favorites (yes, that includes the potato skins,) boneless wings, and mozzarella sticks and get unlimited refills.
Sharing is officially discouraged, but the chain said its servers “aren’t policemen” so in actuality, you can bring eight friends for all the wings you can throw down.
You should probably bring all the friends you have, too, because this will be the undoing of that better eating plan you had been meaning to begin.
That’s what I mean about bad news. We in America cannot handle the responsibility of free food.
We will ride this free-refills train right into the ground and we won’t think twice because of all the potato skins we got for $12.99.
I know, there are some people who can walk by the office party where they are serving cake and say no thanks, but there are too many Americans who can’t.
Those Americans should probably avoid TGIF til October.
The amount of sugar and fat in the typical restaurant meal is already in the danger zone, so if we upsize our appetizers, we are clearly headed for trouble.
Friday’s tried this plan out in Cincinnati a few months ago and managers there said few people took advantage of the promotion by sharing or over-ordering. But sales at the restaurant went up nearly double digits.
I rest my case.
This might seem like an oversimplification, (OK, it’s CLEARLY pretty simple, but …) all-you-can-eat policies often lead to people eating all they can.
And that’s the last thing we need.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon