I have bad news: for the rest of the summer, you can eat basically all you want at TGI Fridays.
Appetizers, that is.
The restaurant chain has instituted an unlimited-appetizers plan. Choose an appetizer from the list of favorites (yes, that includes the potato skins,) boneless wings, and mozzarella sticks and get unlimited refills.
Sharing is officially discouraged, but the chain said its servers “aren’t policemen” so in actuality, you can bring eight friends for all the wings you can throw down.
You should probably bring all the friends you have, too, because this will be the undoing of that better eating plan you had been meaning to begin.
That’s what I mean about bad news. We in America cannot handle the responsibility of free food.
We will ride this free-refills train right into the ground and we won’t think twice because of all the potato skins we got for $12.99.
I know, there are some people who can walk by the office party where they are serving cake and say no thanks, but there are too many Americans who can’t.
Those Americans should probably avoid TGIF til October.
The amount of sugar and fat in the typical restaurant meal is already in the danger zone, so if we upsize our appetizers, we are clearly headed for trouble.
Friday’s tried this plan out in Cincinnati a few months ago and managers there said few people took advantage of the promotion by sharing or over-ordering. But sales at the restaurant went up nearly double digits.
I rest my case.
This might seem like an oversimplification, (OK, it’s CLEARLY pretty simple, but …) all-you-can-eat policies often lead to people eating all they can.
And that’s the last thing we need.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes