The Donald Sterling interview is flat out entertaining.
It’s an overly long, rambling interview with a pathetic old man who has been surrounding himself with fans substituting as friends for too long.
In an effort to persuade, or perhaps shame, other NBA owners into allowing Sterling to keep ownership of his Los Angeles Clippers, he agreed to a one-on-one interview with Anderson Cooper.
His goal? Convince America, and by default the owners who hold his fate in their hands, that he is not a racist.
Never mind that an interview like that is like a murder trial where the prosecution has an HD videotape of the killing.
Sterling is such a big fan of his own program that he actually thinks he can get away with such a feat. It’s really not surprising.
With a net worth just south of $2 billion, Mr. Sterling can afford the finest of anything but there’s only so much good food, good wine and good real estate to enjoy.
Without people in your life, all the material goods in the world are pretty worthless.
If you have as much as Donald Sterling, you need to be a little more selective about who you hang out with. You’ll probably find way too many people who are willing to go along with anything you propose. If you’re not too careful, you’ll wind up surrounding your self ONLY with people who will agree with you and never challenge you. After a while, your craziness will start to sound very reasonable to you.
I think that’s what happened to Donald Sterling.
His wife obviously can’t stand to be with him. She filed for divorce 20 years ago, but hasn’t quite found the time to sign on the dotted line. Do I need to tell you why?
It’s sad, really, that someone can get to the point of being as crazy as Sterling, and yet have no idea how far off the rails he is.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl