The search for the missing Malaysian airliner has people coming up with some pretty crazy theories.
The White House is now saying that, while the U.S. is not in a position to draw any conclusions, new information may point to the possibility that the plane went down in the Indian Ocean.
A conversation I had Wednesday morning with a friend went like this.
Friend: “Where is that plane?”
Me: “I don’t know.
Friend: “Well, there’s only one reasonable explanation.”
Me: “Really, what?”
Friend: “It was abducted by aliens. It has to have been. Planes that big don’t just vanish into thin air!”
Isn’t it crazy that THIS is the conversation we are having? Since when has “alien abduction” and “reasonable explanation” gone together? Since now.
According to the Wall Street Journal, intelligence officials are not ruling out the possibility that the plane was hijacked and taken by terrorists to use for another purpose.
Sit with that for a minute and your imagination will run wild.
I don’t even read mystery novels, and I can come up with some very unpleasant storylines. Hostages? What becomes of them? Where does one land and HIDE a Boeing 777? And what might a terrorist do with one?
The fact that there is so LITTLE information about the whereabouts of this plane and what little we know is coming out so slowly might be the most frustrating part of the whole story.
But it’s not the most frightening.
What if the very BEST scenario is that Malaysian Air Flight 370 suffered such a catastrophic loss that not one bit of electronic data was able to be transmitted?
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments