The search for the missing Malaysian airliner has people coming up with some pretty crazy theories.
The White House is now saying that, while the U.S. is not in a position to draw any conclusions, new information may point to the possibility that the plane went down in the Indian Ocean.
A conversation I had Wednesday morning with a friend went like this.
Friend: “Where is that plane?”
Me: “I don’t know.
Friend: “Well, there’s only one reasonable explanation.”
Me: “Really, what?”
Friend: “It was abducted by aliens. It has to have been. Planes that big don’t just vanish into thin air!”
Isn’t it crazy that THIS is the conversation we are having? Since when has “alien abduction” and “reasonable explanation” gone together? Since now.
According to the Wall Street Journal, intelligence officials are not ruling out the possibility that the plane was hijacked and taken by terrorists to use for another purpose.
Sit with that for a minute and your imagination will run wild.
I don’t even read mystery novels, and I can come up with some very unpleasant storylines. Hostages? What becomes of them? Where does one land and HIDE a Boeing 777? And what might a terrorist do with one?
The fact that there is so LITTLE information about the whereabouts of this plane and what little we know is coming out so slowly might be the most frustrating part of the whole story.
But it’s not the most frightening.
What if the very BEST scenario is that Malaysian Air Flight 370 suffered such a catastrophic loss that not one bit of electronic data was able to be transmitted?
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night