The search for the missing Malaysian airliner has people coming up with some pretty crazy theories.
The White House is now saying that, while the U.S. is not in a position to draw any conclusions, new information may point to the possibility that the plane went down in the Indian Ocean.
A conversation I had Wednesday morning with a friend went like this.
Friend: “Where is that plane?”
Me: “I don’t know.
Friend: “Well, there’s only one reasonable explanation.”
Me: “Really, what?”
Friend: “It was abducted by aliens. It has to have been. Planes that big don’t just vanish into thin air!”
Isn’t it crazy that THIS is the conversation we are having? Since when has “alien abduction” and “reasonable explanation” gone together? Since now.
According to the Wall Street Journal, intelligence officials are not ruling out the possibility that the plane was hijacked and taken by terrorists to use for another purpose.
Sit with that for a minute and your imagination will run wild.
I don’t even read mystery novels, and I can come up with some very unpleasant storylines. Hostages? What becomes of them? Where does one land and HIDE a Boeing 777? And what might a terrorist do with one?
The fact that there is so LITTLE information about the whereabouts of this plane and what little we know is coming out so slowly might be the most frustrating part of the whole story.
But it’s not the most frightening.
What if the very BEST scenario is that Malaysian Air Flight 370 suffered such a catastrophic loss that not one bit of electronic data was able to be transmitted?
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas