The search for the missing Malaysian airliner has people coming up with some pretty crazy theories.
The White House is now saying that, while the U.S. is not in a position to draw any conclusions, new information may point to the possibility that the plane went down in the Indian Ocean.
A conversation I had Wednesday morning with a friend went like this.
Friend: “Where is that plane?”
Me: “I don’t know.
Friend: “Well, there’s only one reasonable explanation.”
Me: “Really, what?”
Friend: “It was abducted by aliens. It has to have been. Planes that big don’t just vanish into thin air!”
Isn’t it crazy that THIS is the conversation we are having? Since when has “alien abduction” and “reasonable explanation” gone together? Since now.
According to the Wall Street Journal, intelligence officials are not ruling out the possibility that the plane was hijacked and taken by terrorists to use for another purpose.
Sit with that for a minute and your imagination will run wild.
I don’t even read mystery novels, and I can come up with some very unpleasant storylines. Hostages? What becomes of them? Where does one land and HIDE a Boeing 777? And what might a terrorist do with one?
The fact that there is so LITTLE information about the whereabouts of this plane and what little we know is coming out so slowly might be the most frustrating part of the whole story.
But it’s not the most frightening.
What if the very BEST scenario is that Malaysian Air Flight 370 suffered such a catastrophic loss that not one bit of electronic data was able to be transmitted?
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl