It’s time to stop vilifying the Irish as the big drinkers of the world.
The game Neknominate may have started in and around the UK or Australia, but it’s swept social media, a world where exhibitionism knows no borders.
Back when “Jackass was just a reality TV show, you at least KNEW when your kids were watching it. Now, your son or daughter may be dared via social media to drink more than the idiot before them.
This is how it works: A “friend” of yours records him or herself doing something outrageous while drinking a dangerous amount of alcohol. They commit their act, and then dare you to out- do them within 24 hours. And shockingly, people do it.
Five have died, and the call is out for Facebook and other social-media sites to stop posting the game.
In Ireland, a country known for drinking, known for celebrating it as a part of its culture, calls are loudest.
Hey, if the Irish are calling the drinking game too dangerous, shouldn’t we pay attention?
It’s not Facebook’s job, or Instagram’s job to stop posting examples of stupid behavior. It’s your job to look away. And talk to your kids about it.
Don’t have kids? Then talk to your friends. Who knows? Someone YOU know might actually think that playing this game is a good idea.
It’s not a game if the loser dies.
And in the end, no one is in control of your actions but you.
Do you need to know anymore about this stupid game after you look at the picture that accompanies the news story: a guy doing a headstand in a toilet.
Boy, we just love a game of truth or dare. Nothing makes us feel better than besting someone else. Unless it kills you.
That’s the truth part of Truth or Dare.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths