This might seem like a bit of random advice, and it might only apply to the women who are reading.
It’s Valentine’s Day week, maybe you are looking for gift, so here’s a little advice: May I advise you NOT buy a dress on Twitter? Don’t buy anything on Twitter, for that matter.
Let Twitter be your guide on all things news, if you must. Use it for pictures or gossip or whatever, but don’t buy anything.
I started following a favorite dressmaker on Twitter. I figured it was like getting InStyle magazine, but a little bit everyday. I get the pictures, news from Fashion Week, a bunch of fun stuff and then, I got the tweet with the newest dress — limited edition — and can ship immediately.
I fell for it — having never tried it on, of course — and with one click, it was on its way. When it arrived, I wondered aloud, “What is wrong with me?”
I bought a dress on Twitter. It wasn’t even on sale and now I have to return it. So down to the UPS store I go, smug little prepaid label in hand.
The trick is, the receipt said the seller has to receive the dress returned to its warehouse within 18 days of reciept, or I get charged a 20 percent restocking fee and,
with the storms back east, shipping was delayed both on its way to my house, and certainly on the way back.
So I ask the UPS store when this little prepaid label and package will arrive at the warehouse. At least eight days was the reply.
I can’t possibly expect it to get back in time to avoid the re-stocking fee. So how much to guarantee the thing gets there in time? $40, which is more than the re-stocking fee.
Ah, Twitter. The place NOT to buy things.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.