The latest George Zimmerman arrest is a big story, and I think Zimmerman is finally getting the attention he deserves.
Zimmerman, the man who was acquitted of murder charges in the Trayvon Martin trial, became kind of a cult hero after the trial and his acquittal caused riots and demonstrations and comments from the president.
But if you watched the trial, you had to admit, the defense did a masterful job and the prosecution was less than stellar.
So when the trial was over, you had to think that if he had a brain in his head, he would go away quietly, maybe write a book, start a blog, and abide by the law.
But as it turns out, Zimmerman may be just a violent troublemaker after all.
The tape of the girlfriend’s 911 call painted a picture of a very angry guy, who doesn’t seem to EVER want to back down from a possible fight.
I didn’t care when Zimmerman got pulled over for speeding three times. Anyone can get pulled over for speeding.
I don’t consider speeding to be an act of aggression so when his ex-wife called the cops, I wrote it off as bad blood between spouses.
But did you know that he toured the factory that made the gun that killed Trayvon?
Look, there’s a difference between graciously and gratefully accepting that a jury has found you not legally responsible for an act you took, and celebrating getting away with something.
The gun factory tour felts like a celebration.
It’s kind of like holding a gun rights rally on the anniversary of the shooting.
Zimmerman had a chance to fade into the background, instead now he has been arraigned on felony aggravated assault charges.
Shame on those who made him into a modern-day hero for supposedly “keeping his neighborhood safe.”
I don’t know if his legal defense fund will fill up as fast this time as it did before.
I am OK with that.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night