The latest George Zimmerman arrest is a big story, and I think Zimmerman is finally getting the attention he deserves.
Zimmerman, the man who was acquitted of murder charges in the Trayvon Martin trial, became kind of a cult hero after the trial and his acquittal caused riots and demonstrations and comments from the president.
But if you watched the trial, you had to admit, the defense did a masterful job and the prosecution was less than stellar.
So when the trial was over, you had to think that if he had a brain in his head, he would go away quietly, maybe write a book, start a blog, and abide by the law.
But as it turns out, Zimmerman may be just a violent troublemaker after all.
The tape of the girlfriend’s 911 call painted a picture of a very angry guy, who doesn’t seem to EVER want to back down from a possible fight.
I didn’t care when Zimmerman got pulled over for speeding three times. Anyone can get pulled over for speeding.
I don’t consider speeding to be an act of aggression so when his ex-wife called the cops, I wrote it off as bad blood between spouses.
But did you know that he toured the factory that made the gun that killed Trayvon?
Look, there’s a difference between graciously and gratefully accepting that a jury has found you not legally responsible for an act you took, and celebrating getting away with something.
The gun factory tour felts like a celebration.
It’s kind of like holding a gun rights rally on the anniversary of the shooting.
Zimmerman had a chance to fade into the background, instead now he has been arraigned on felony aggravated assault charges.
Shame on those who made him into a modern-day hero for supposedly “keeping his neighborhood safe.”
I don’t know if his legal defense fund will fill up as fast this time as it did before.
I am OK with that.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick