The latest George Zimmerman arrest is a big story, and I think Zimmerman is finally getting the attention he deserves.
Zimmerman, the man who was acquitted of murder charges in the Trayvon Martin trial, became kind of a cult hero after the trial and his acquittal caused riots and demonstrations and comments from the president.
But if you watched the trial, you had to admit, the defense did a masterful job and the prosecution was less than stellar.
So when the trial was over, you had to think that if he had a brain in his head, he would go away quietly, maybe write a book, start a blog, and abide by the law.
But as it turns out, Zimmerman may be just a violent troublemaker after all.
The tape of the girlfriend’s 911 call painted a picture of a very angry guy, who doesn’t seem to EVER want to back down from a possible fight.
I didn’t care when Zimmerman got pulled over for speeding three times. Anyone can get pulled over for speeding.
I don’t consider speeding to be an act of aggression so when his ex-wife called the cops, I wrote it off as bad blood between spouses.
But did you know that he toured the factory that made the gun that killed Trayvon?
Look, there’s a difference between graciously and gratefully accepting that a jury has found you not legally responsible for an act you took, and celebrating getting away with something.
The gun factory tour felts like a celebration.
It’s kind of like holding a gun rights rally on the anniversary of the shooting.
Zimmerman had a chance to fade into the background, instead now he has been arraigned on felony aggravated assault charges.
Shame on those who made him into a modern-day hero for supposedly “keeping his neighborhood safe.”
I don’t know if his legal defense fund will fill up as fast this time as it did before.
I am OK with that.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.