So the shutdown is over and we should all celebrate, right?
Well, of course no one is celebrating because there are really no winners in this “reopening” of government, but at least we have a couple of more months to get both sides together and talk about real government spending that we can cut, not Obamacare.
Yep, the president won this one.
“You don’t like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election. Push to change it. But don’t break it. Don’t break what our predecessors spent over two centuries building. That’s not what being faithful to this country’s about.”
Whoa. Really? Go out and win an election?
In the NFL, that’s called taunting. In polite company, it’s called being ungracious. And no where is it called consensus building.
According to Washington insiders, this is the presidents modus operandi. He is regarded as aloof by most, even within his party, and the tone of his comments Thursday morning sure back that up.
It makes you less hopeful, doesn’t it, that the two sides will even talk compromise in January.
Yes, you won. But management starts at the top. In business and in government. Adopt a better tone.
Worried about your legacy? Don’t let it be your attitude.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy