So the shutdown is over and we should all celebrate, right?
Well, of course no one is celebrating because there are really no winners in this “reopening” of government, but at least we have a couple of more months to get both sides together and talk about real government spending that we can cut, not Obamacare.
Yep, the president won this one.
“You don’t like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election. Push to change it. But don’t break it. Don’t break what our predecessors spent over two centuries building. That’s not what being faithful to this country’s about.”
Whoa. Really? Go out and win an election?
In the NFL, that’s called taunting. In polite company, it’s called being ungracious. And no where is it called consensus building.
According to Washington insiders, this is the presidents modus operandi. He is regarded as aloof by most, even within his party, and the tone of his comments Thursday morning sure back that up.
It makes you less hopeful, doesn’t it, that the two sides will even talk compromise in January.
Yes, you won. But management starts at the top. In business and in government. Adopt a better tone.
Worried about your legacy? Don’t let it be your attitude.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl