So the shutdown is over and we should all celebrate, right?
Well, of course no one is celebrating because there are really no winners in this “reopening” of government, but at least we have a couple of more months to get both sides together and talk about real government spending that we can cut, not Obamacare.
Yep, the president won this one.
“You don’t like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election. Push to change it. But don’t break it. Don’t break what our predecessors spent over two centuries building. That’s not what being faithful to this country’s about.”
Whoa. Really? Go out and win an election?
In the NFL, that’s called taunting. In polite company, it’s called being ungracious. And no where is it called consensus building.
According to Washington insiders, this is the presidents modus operandi. He is regarded as aloof by most, even within his party, and the tone of his comments Thursday morning sure back that up.
It makes you less hopeful, doesn’t it, that the two sides will even talk compromise in January.
Yes, you won. But management starts at the top. In business and in government. Adopt a better tone.
Worried about your legacy? Don’t let it be your attitude.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development