So the shutdown is over and we should all celebrate, right?
Well, of course no one is celebrating because there are really no winners in this “reopening” of government, but at least we have a couple of more months to get both sides together and talk about real government spending that we can cut, not Obamacare.
Yep, the president won this one.
“You don’t like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election. Push to change it. But don’t break it. Don’t break what our predecessors spent over two centuries building. That’s not what being faithful to this country’s about.”
Whoa. Really? Go out and win an election?
In the NFL, that’s called taunting. In polite company, it’s called being ungracious. And no where is it called consensus building.
According to Washington insiders, this is the presidents modus operandi. He is regarded as aloof by most, even within his party, and the tone of his comments Thursday morning sure back that up.
It makes you less hopeful, doesn’t it, that the two sides will even talk compromise in January.
Yes, you won. But management starts at the top. In business and in government. Adopt a better tone.
Worried about your legacy? Don’t let it be your attitude.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains