If you thought the government shutdown was bad, get ready for something a lot worse: the debt ceiling.
John Boehner said he has no intention of letting the government default on its debt, but he said it while maintaining that he will use the debt ceiling showdown to again try to force a negotiation on Obamacare.
You can bemoan the closure of national parks or the layoff of civil defense workers, but if the U.S. defaults on its debt, we as private citizens will feel the effects right away. And not because we can’t get into the Smithsonian, either.
Because we can’t buy homes. Or get loans. Big business as we know it will stop.
As much as I hate to point to polls — because I think, too often, politicians rely on them to find out how they should feel about a certain issue — I think it might be a good idea for them to check in and recognize that Americans couldn’t have a lesser opinion of the job they are doing.
But if the U.S. defaults on it’s debt, it won’t matter what Americans think of Congress. We will have another recession to worry about. It will happen fast and take a long time to recover from.
Give up on fixing Obamacare. What it costs is nothing compared to what a default will cost. And it will cost all of us.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them