When the White House issued it’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program last year, thousands of children of illegal immigrants, who were brought here by their parents often before they could walk, breathed a sigh of relief.
The believed they finally had a legal right to pursue a life in this country. For many of them, it’s the only country they had ever known.
To date, more than 16,000 undocumented immigrants in Arizona have sought this deferred action status, meaning the federal government considers their status here to be legal. But in Arizona, you still can’t get a driver’s license as a Dreamer, which means it’s hard to get and keep a job.
Guess what else it means?
If one of these hard-working, out-of-trouble kids decides to drive to work ANYWAY, and runs into YOU, and they don’t have a drivers license, guess what else they DON’T have? Car insurance.
And we won’t know where to find them and charge them. They might be apt to flee.
I know. It happened to me.
You will wind up paying for them, one way or another, so why not give them a license and a chance to do it the right way?
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments