When the White House issued it’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program last year, thousands of children of illegal immigrants, who were brought here by their parents often before they could walk, breathed a sigh of relief.
The believed they finally had a legal right to pursue a life in this country. For many of them, it’s the only country they had ever known.
To date, more than 16,000 undocumented immigrants in Arizona have sought this deferred action status, meaning the federal government considers their status here to be legal. But in Arizona, you still can’t get a driver’s license as a Dreamer, which means it’s hard to get and keep a job.
Guess what else it means?
If one of these hard-working, out-of-trouble kids decides to drive to work ANYWAY, and runs into YOU, and they don’t have a drivers license, guess what else they DON’T have? Car insurance.
And we won’t know where to find them and charge them. They might be apt to flee.
I know. It happened to me.
You will wind up paying for them, one way or another, so why not give them a license and a chance to do it the right way?
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development