Have you Googled something lately?
OK, maybe you didn’t use Google.com, but you likely typed something into your search engine of choice to find it on the Web. Isn’t it amazing how quickly THAT became the way we get information?
Google turns 15 this month.
In 15 years, the company went from filing paperwork to incorporate to becoming the industry standard for finding stuff. Any stuff.
And if you haven’t Googled yourself, you might be amazed at what’s out there. It makes you wonder if there are any secrets left.
A writer at Nerve.com described himself as a Google “stalker.”
He said that he never goes out on a date without first Googling the woman. Thus, he knows everything about them. There are no secrets. And no strangers.
“Every date is like a movie based on a book I have already read.”
I don’t know about you, but this sounds pretty boring.
And what if something your date says doesn’t jibe with his or her online google profile? You might not trust that person anymore and what if it’s the online profile that’s wrong?
And what about the idea of just MEETING someone NEW?
Are we so scared these days that we don’t want to?
I, for one, am really glad I am not dating right now.
Not only was I a terrible dater, I am not quite up to speed on all the social media ramifications.
But mostly I don’t want to be judged for something I might not actually be because you read something online. It’s like being judged on something that someone who doesn’t even know you SAYS about you to someone you haven’t met yet.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development