Have you Googled something lately?
OK, maybe you didn’t use Google.com, but you likely typed something into your search engine of choice to find it on the Web. Isn’t it amazing how quickly THAT became the way we get information?
Google turns 15 this month.
In 15 years, the company went from filing paperwork to incorporate to becoming the industry standard for finding stuff. Any stuff.
And if you haven’t Googled yourself, you might be amazed at what’s out there. It makes you wonder if there are any secrets left.
A writer at Nerve.com described himself as a Google “stalker.”
He said that he never goes out on a date without first Googling the woman. Thus, he knows everything about them. There are no secrets. And no strangers.
“Every date is like a movie based on a book I have already read.”
I don’t know about you, but this sounds pretty boring.
And what if something your date says doesn’t jibe with his or her online google profile? You might not trust that person anymore and what if it’s the online profile that’s wrong?
And what about the idea of just MEETING someone NEW?
Are we so scared these days that we don’t want to?
I, for one, am really glad I am not dating right now.
Not only was I a terrible dater, I am not quite up to speed on all the social media ramifications.
But mostly I don’t want to be judged for something I might not actually be because you read something online. It’s like being judged on something that someone who doesn’t even know you SAYS about you to someone you haven’t met yet.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food