Ah, the royal baby has made his appearance.
In case you missed it, Prince William and Kate left the hospital Tuesday, and of course, took the little blue bundle with them. Of course, they said all the right things, and looked ridiculously lovely in their matching powder blue.
William said he looks like Catherine, Catherine said it’s a special time, and they both look very relaxed and happy.
Yes, everything is perfect, at least as far as the eye and the camera lens can see.
Which is nice.
Let’s not pile on, shall we?
I have heard more reactions that border on anger over the attention the royal baby is getting.
Sure, the networks are gaga over the story, and social media is loaded with royal baby hashtags. But it will go away. Okay, not entirely, but like any other family these three will go back home — okay so it’s to the Palace — and probably want some privacy.
Can you imagine? Having a baby and 24 hours later having to show up in front of the WORLD to have your picture taken? Great job, Kate. You look great. Pay no attention when social media points out that you still look pregnant.
That’s reality, pure and simple.
It’ll go away.
But isn’t that really it? No matter how rich, famous or royal you are, you still have to do some things the old-fashioned way. You still have to put the baby in a car seat and drive away from the hospital for the first time. You will still get up in the middle of the night, a LOT, and have a lot to learn, and do a lot of things for the first time. You will sometimes give anything to get him to stop crying. And he won’t.
You will get some things wrong.
You can hire a lot of things out, but in the end, being a mom is not one of them.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon