Ah, the royal baby has made his appearance.
In case you missed it, Prince William and Kate left the hospital Tuesday, and of course, took the little blue bundle with them. Of course, they said all the right things, and looked ridiculously lovely in their matching powder blue.
William said he looks like Catherine, Catherine said it’s a special time, and they both look very relaxed and happy.
Yes, everything is perfect, at least as far as the eye and the camera lens can see.
Which is nice.
Let’s not pile on, shall we?
I have heard more reactions that border on anger over the attention the royal baby is getting.
Sure, the networks are gaga over the story, and social media is loaded with royal baby hashtags. But it will go away. Okay, not entirely, but like any other family these three will go back home — okay so it’s to the Palace — and probably want some privacy.
Can you imagine? Having a baby and 24 hours later having to show up in front of the WORLD to have your picture taken? Great job, Kate. You look great. Pay no attention when social media points out that you still look pregnant.
That’s reality, pure and simple.
It’ll go away.
But isn’t that really it? No matter how rich, famous or royal you are, you still have to do some things the old-fashioned way. You still have to put the baby in a car seat and drive away from the hospital for the first time. You will still get up in the middle of the night, a LOT, and have a lot to learn, and do a lot of things for the first time. You will sometimes give anything to get him to stop crying. And he won’t.
You will get some things wrong.
You can hire a lot of things out, but in the end, being a mom is not one of them.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns