Ah, the royal baby has made his appearance.
In case you missed it, Prince William and Kate left the hospital Tuesday, and of course, took the little blue bundle with them. Of course, they said all the right things, and looked ridiculously lovely in their matching powder blue.
William said he looks like Catherine, Catherine said it’s a special time, and they both look very relaxed and happy.
Yes, everything is perfect, at least as far as the eye and the camera lens can see.
Which is nice.
Let’s not pile on, shall we?
I have heard more reactions that border on anger over the attention the royal baby is getting.
Sure, the networks are gaga over the story, and social media is loaded with royal baby hashtags. But it will go away. Okay, not entirely, but like any other family these three will go back home — okay so it’s to the Palace — and probably want some privacy.
Can you imagine? Having a baby and 24 hours later having to show up in front of the WORLD to have your picture taken? Great job, Kate. You look great. Pay no attention when social media points out that you still look pregnant.
That’s reality, pure and simple.
It’ll go away.
But isn’t that really it? No matter how rich, famous or royal you are, you still have to do some things the old-fashioned way. You still have to put the baby in a car seat and drive away from the hospital for the first time. You will still get up in the middle of the night, a LOT, and have a lot to learn, and do a lot of things for the first time. You will sometimes give anything to get him to stop crying. And he won’t.
You will get some things wrong.
You can hire a lot of things out, but in the end, being a mom is not one of them.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains