Wow, Uber has really figured it out.
Have you heard of Uber? It’s the San Francisco startup that gets you home safely if you’ve had too much to drink or lost your ride.
You download an app on your phone and using GPS, you can summon a car, big or small, and automatically charge a debit or credit card. Uber has taken off — it’s an innovative way to use technology to fill a real community need.
Well, Uber is at it again.
In light of the current heat wave hitting the country, Uber is offering ice cream on demand.
Yep, summon an Uber car, or in this case one of the trucks it has commissioned, Friday and it will bring you ice cream. In about three dozen cities where Uber operates, you will be able to order ice cream via the app, one day only.
Gimmicky? Sure. But also a look into the future.
This is the way we are going.
I am actually surprised that at this point, you can’t yet order your Uber car to come complete with your favorite dinner on board, or movie in the DVD player.
We are getting closer and closer to living in a world where on-demand is the standard.
Just Thursday morning, at the Emmy Award nominations, Netflix became the first entertainment creator and distributor to be nominated for a non-televised show, “House of Cards.”
Many Americans no longer even have cable, or any other regular TV provider. They don’t need to.
The ice cream will be available in Phoenix, between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. You’ll have to order more than one cone to get it delivered, but my bet is, once we get a taste of on-demand ice cream, we won’t want to live without it.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck