The residents of Oklahoma have got to be at the end of their rope.
The injury count after Friday’s tornados topped 75, and there are more storms possible. After the tornadoes in Moore killed 24, including 10 children, many in the Oklahoma City suburb are homeless.
We have been asking why people continue to rebuild in tornado alley, when it seems like these deadly storms are inevitable. I used to think it was like any place you choose to live… each city or region has its good and bad. You deal with the bad and wait for the good.
Like in Arizona, where we put up with July, August and September for the other nine months out of the year. In California, they are dealing with wildfires right now. In New Jersey, they are just re-opening the beaches eight months after Superstorm Sandy. And in the Pacific Northwest, severe weather comes in the form of eight months of wet and fog.
Summer doesn’t even start until the Fourth of July. But if our Mother Nature continues to get more and more extreme, some of these regions where people “put up with the bad while they wait for the good” might not have enough good left.
And my amateur review of the Fleetwood Mac concert goes like this.
Stevie Nicks looks amazing. It’s hard to believe she is 65. Now, she doesn’t have nearly the vocal range she used to, and I couldn’t help but wish I could go back in time and hear the band as they were in 1978. But she still sounds great on most everything. And as I watched her interact with her band, and I thought about the history between all of them over the years; the love affairs, the fights, and the amazing music they created together through it all, I was glad I got to see them at all.
But Lindsey Buckingham stole the show. That guy looks and sounds like someone half his age. You could feel the chemistry between Nicks and Buckingham as they played and sang together.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development