“Time” magazine has an exclusive this week and it’s a keeper.
It’s Barack Obama’s prom picture from 1979.
Not only does the commander in chief LOOK pretty much the same, he looks like he was having a good time and I bet as far as dates go, he was a lot of fun.
Other than Bill Clinton, who probably asked two girls to the prom and wound up dating them both, he might have been the most fun prom date of all the recent presidents, which got me to wondering.
George W. Bush would have had the best car, (if he hadn’t rented a limo, which he probably did), H.W. would have been the one your parents liked the most and Jimmy Carter would have been the cheapest.
Ronald Reagan would have been the most likely to be satisfied just holding your hand and kissing you on the cheek.
Just a fun thought for your almost-holiday-weekend-Thursday.
Need for safe shelters in Oklahoma
The first of the tornado victims was laid to rest today in Moore, Okla. A 9-year-old girl is the first victim to be buried and there will be nine more children buried before a week goes by.
The mayor in Oklahoma City is calling for all new homes to have a storm cellar, and while they are definitely a good idea, I don’t think you can force builders to put them in because of the added cost. It HAS to be voluntary. Families will decide if they want to pay extra.
But when they rebuild the damaged schools in Moore and other towns, they should vow not to re-open until every child has a safe place to go the next time a storm hits.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night