“Time” magazine has an exclusive this week and it’s a keeper.
It’s Barack Obama’s prom picture from 1979.
Not only does the commander in chief LOOK pretty much the same, he looks like he was having a good time and I bet as far as dates go, he was a lot of fun.
Other than Bill Clinton, who probably asked two girls to the prom and wound up dating them both, he might have been the most fun prom date of all the recent presidents, which got me to wondering.
George W. Bush would have had the best car, (if he hadn’t rented a limo, which he probably did), H.W. would have been the one your parents liked the most and Jimmy Carter would have been the cheapest.
Ronald Reagan would have been the most likely to be satisfied just holding your hand and kissing you on the cheek.
Just a fun thought for your almost-holiday-weekend-Thursday.
Need for safe shelters in Oklahoma
The first of the tornado victims was laid to rest today in Moore, Okla. A 9-year-old girl is the first victim to be buried and there will be nine more children buried before a week goes by.
The mayor in Oklahoma City is calling for all new homes to have a storm cellar, and while they are definitely a good idea, I don’t think you can force builders to put them in because of the added cost. It HAS to be voluntary. Families will decide if they want to pay extra.
But when they rebuild the damaged schools in Moore and other towns, they should vow not to re-open until every child has a safe place to go the next time a storm hits.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development