“Time” magazine has an exclusive this week and it’s a keeper.
It’s Barack Obama’s prom picture from 1979.
Not only does the commander in chief LOOK pretty much the same, he looks like he was having a good time and I bet as far as dates go, he was a lot of fun.
Other than Bill Clinton, who probably asked two girls to the prom and wound up dating them both, he might have been the most fun prom date of all the recent presidents, which got me to wondering.
George W. Bush would have had the best car, (if he hadn’t rented a limo, which he probably did), H.W. would have been the one your parents liked the most and Jimmy Carter would have been the cheapest.
Ronald Reagan would have been the most likely to be satisfied just holding your hand and kissing you on the cheek.
Just a fun thought for your almost-holiday-weekend-Thursday.
Need for safe shelters in Oklahoma
The first of the tornado victims was laid to rest today in Moore, Okla. A 9-year-old girl is the first victim to be buried and there will be nine more children buried before a week goes by.
The mayor in Oklahoma City is calling for all new homes to have a storm cellar, and while they are definitely a good idea, I don’t think you can force builders to put them in because of the added cost. It HAS to be voluntary. Families will decide if they want to pay extra.
But when they rebuild the damaged schools in Moore and other towns, they should vow not to re-open until every child has a safe place to go the next time a storm hits.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments