What a week in news we had! From Jodi Arias to the Cleveland kidnappings, House hearings on Benghazi and the burial of one of the Boston Bombing suspects.
Lets skip Arias, as we will get our fill of her next week when the penalty phase of her trial begins.
The story of the Cleveland kidnapping gets stranger every day and the details become even harder to read. Friday we learned that one of daughters of kidnapping suspect Ariel Castro is serving time in an Indiana prison for attempted murder of her own child. We heard from two of his other daughters Thursday and they seemed, by most accounts, pretty normal. Both said they are overwhelmed by what their father is accused of having done.
And about himself, Castro said he is cold blooded, and alleges he was both physically and sexually abused as a child. Makes you wonder how we ever stop such a cycle of violence, doesn’t it?
What’s the truth about Benghazi?
Will the House ever be satisfied about what Obama and his administration knew about Benghazi? My bet is no. I remember thinking that the very public deaths of four Americans in the consulate in Benghazi would be too much for the White House to live down before the election, but I was wrong.
But I think that no matter how many hearings are held and sworn statements taken, not too many minds will be changed at this point about who was at fault. We are just too dug in.
Bombing suspect finally buried
And finally, we now know where the body of Tamerlan Tsarnev was buried. In a small Islamic cemetery in Virginia. That didn’t take long. Just goes to prove that secrets are very hard to keep these days.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon