What a week in news we had! From Jodi Arias to the Cleveland kidnappings, House hearings on Benghazi and the burial of one of the Boston Bombing suspects.
Lets skip Arias, as we will get our fill of her next week when the penalty phase of her trial begins.
The story of the Cleveland kidnapping gets stranger every day and the details become even harder to read. Friday we learned that one of daughters of kidnapping suspect Ariel Castro is serving time in an Indiana prison for attempted murder of her own child. We heard from two of his other daughters Thursday and they seemed, by most accounts, pretty normal. Both said they are overwhelmed by what their father is accused of having done.
And about himself, Castro said he is cold blooded, and alleges he was both physically and sexually abused as a child. Makes you wonder how we ever stop such a cycle of violence, doesn’t it?
What’s the truth about Benghazi?
Will the House ever be satisfied about what Obama and his administration knew about Benghazi? My bet is no. I remember thinking that the very public deaths of four Americans in the consulate in Benghazi would be too much for the White House to live down before the election, but I was wrong.
But I think that no matter how many hearings are held and sworn statements taken, not too many minds will be changed at this point about who was at fault. We are just too dug in.
Bombing suspect finally buried
And finally, we now know where the body of Tamerlan Tsarnev was buried. In a small Islamic cemetery in Virginia. That didn’t take long. Just goes to prove that secrets are very hard to keep these days.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night