Did you see this story today? I heard Pamela read this story this morning and I couldn’t believe it!
Here goes … .
HELENA, Mont. (AP) — A judge in Montana has ordered the Fort Harrison VA Medical Center to pay nearly $60,000 to a man who was wrongly diagnosed with brain cancer and told he had just a few months to live. U.S. District Judge Donald Molloy wrote that the distress Mark Templin and his family suffered was caused by a doctor’s “negligent failure to meet the standard of care” in delivering the diagnosis in 2009. The judge says in the months Templin believed he was dying he quit his job, sold his pickup truck, celebrated a “last” birthday and contemplated suicide.
I hope the guy gets his job back. I really do. But mistakes happen, and I think I might be OK with the “living like I am dying” idea, if only for a year. I mean, isn’t that what most people say they would do if they could do it over? And we never seem to do it.
I am 99 percent serious when I say that I think instead of a lawsuit, this “victim” should send the doctor a thank-you note.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier