Did you see this story today? I heard Pamela read this story this morning and I couldn’t believe it!
Here goes … .
HELENA, Mont. (AP) — A judge in Montana has ordered the Fort Harrison VA Medical Center to pay nearly $60,000 to a man who was wrongly diagnosed with brain cancer and told he had just a few months to live. U.S. District Judge Donald Molloy wrote that the distress Mark Templin and his family suffered was caused by a doctor’s “negligent failure to meet the standard of care” in delivering the diagnosis in 2009. The judge says in the months Templin believed he was dying he quit his job, sold his pickup truck, celebrated a “last” birthday and contemplated suicide.
I hope the guy gets his job back. I really do. But mistakes happen, and I think I might be OK with the “living like I am dying” idea, if only for a year. I mean, isn’t that what most people say they would do if they could do it over? And we never seem to do it.
I am 99 percent serious when I say that I think instead of a lawsuit, this “victim” should send the doctor a thank-you note.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development