Hold your applause until closing arguments are over, but at least they have begun in the Jodi Arias trial.
After four months of testimony, we can finally see the end of a trial that many people think shouldn’t have happened at all.
But it did, and I think that if there hadn’t been cameras in the courtroom, it would have lasted about half as long. In any case, I hope it doesn’t take this jury long to come up with a verdict. And then a sentence. And then HLN and Nancy Grace can go home.
Those self-centered millenials
A study out Thursday morning tells us what I think we already knew. Today’s millenial generation, which has been called entitled, materialistic, and self-centered, are that way because we made them that way!
Yep, it’s true. We Gen Xers didn’t get anything we wanted so we made sure our kids didn’t have to suffer. It’s a generalization, sure, but I think we can all see a little of it in ourselves.
I wonder what our kids will do to theirs? If they have any kids, that is ….
Frat houses returning to ASU campus?
And finally, if you went to ASU in the 1980s or ’90s and you drive over there today, you won’t believe the difference in Fraternity Row.
Where there used to be house after house of fairly well kept, full houses of boys, there is now chain-link fencing and homes that look like they should be knocked down.
ASU moved all the fraternities off campus last year, probably because the university didn’t want to deal with the problems that came along with them, such as the parties and the drinking, and you know.
But look what has happened. The parties and the drinking are still going on, of course, just OFF campus. In March, there was a particularly bad incident where two girls got burned — and this past weekend, five people were arrested and a student is in intensive care. Is being farther from campus actually making the partying worse? Maybe.
ASU is now looking into moving the houses BACK to campus.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.