Hold your applause until closing arguments are over, but at least they have begun in the Jodi Arias trial.
After four months of testimony, we can finally see the end of a trial that many people think shouldn’t have happened at all.
But it did, and I think that if there hadn’t been cameras in the courtroom, it would have lasted about half as long. In any case, I hope it doesn’t take this jury long to come up with a verdict. And then a sentence. And then HLN and Nancy Grace can go home.
Those self-centered millenials
A study out Thursday morning tells us what I think we already knew. Today’s millenial generation, which has been called entitled, materialistic, and self-centered, are that way because we made them that way!
Yep, it’s true. We Gen Xers didn’t get anything we wanted so we made sure our kids didn’t have to suffer. It’s a generalization, sure, but I think we can all see a little of it in ourselves.
I wonder what our kids will do to theirs? If they have any kids, that is ….
Frat houses returning to ASU campus?
And finally, if you went to ASU in the 1980s or ’90s and you drive over there today, you won’t believe the difference in Fraternity Row.
Where there used to be house after house of fairly well kept, full houses of boys, there is now chain-link fencing and homes that look like they should be knocked down.
ASU moved all the fraternities off campus last year, probably because the university didn’t want to deal with the problems that came along with them, such as the parties and the drinking, and you know.
But look what has happened. The parties and the drinking are still going on, of course, just OFF campus. In March, there was a particularly bad incident where two girls got burned — and this past weekend, five people were arrested and a student is in intensive care. Is being farther from campus actually making the partying worse? Maybe.
ASU is now looking into moving the houses BACK to campus.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy