Hold your applause until closing arguments are over, but at least they have begun in the Jodi Arias trial.
After four months of testimony, we can finally see the end of a trial that many people think shouldn’t have happened at all.
But it did, and I think that if there hadn’t been cameras in the courtroom, it would have lasted about half as long. In any case, I hope it doesn’t take this jury long to come up with a verdict. And then a sentence. And then HLN and Nancy Grace can go home.
Those self-centered millenials
A study out Thursday morning tells us what I think we already knew. Today’s millenial generation, which has been called entitled, materialistic, and self-centered, are that way because we made them that way!
Yep, it’s true. We Gen Xers didn’t get anything we wanted so we made sure our kids didn’t have to suffer. It’s a generalization, sure, but I think we can all see a little of it in ourselves.
I wonder what our kids will do to theirs? If they have any kids, that is ….
Frat houses returning to ASU campus?
And finally, if you went to ASU in the 1980s or ’90s and you drive over there today, you won’t believe the difference in Fraternity Row.
Where there used to be house after house of fairly well kept, full houses of boys, there is now chain-link fencing and homes that look like they should be knocked down.
ASU moved all the fraternities off campus last year, probably because the university didn’t want to deal with the problems that came along with them, such as the parties and the drinking, and you know.
But look what has happened. The parties and the drinking are still going on, of course, just OFF campus. In March, there was a particularly bad incident where two girls got burned — and this past weekend, five people were arrested and a student is in intensive care. Is being farther from campus actually making the partying worse? Maybe.
ASU is now looking into moving the houses BACK to campus.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night