The mother of the Boston bombing suspects is speaking out, although I am not sure many here in America want to hear from her.
It’s natural, of course for a mother to doubt that her sons are capapble of something as awful as the Boston Marathon bombings.
But in this case, she is not only going as far as saying that she doesn’t believe they are guilty, or that she needs to hear from the younger son himself. No, she is going as far as saying that America “took her sons” from her family and she regrets coming here, to the U.S., in the first place.
She said America promised to protect her sons and now it is victimizing them.
Mom, I am sorry for the pain you are going through, but it seems pretty apparent to all of us, that your boys, no matter how wonderful they started out, have done the worst: They terrorized a crowd of race onlookers, killed an 8-year-old boy and two others and hurt hundreds more. They led the police on a days-long chase and held the citizens of Watertown hostage in their homes for 24 hours.
And still, your son who survived the police shootout is afforded all the rights and priveleges any other U.S. citizen would be in the same situation. Yes, the U.S. is the country who ACCEPTED this family, without prejudice, from a war-torn country.
Just like the Statue of Liberty says, we take many of the world’s tired, poor, and huddled masses. And then we gave that most precious of gifts to your youngest son. We gave him citizenship. And look what he did.
You’re sorry you ever came here? So am I.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier