The mother of the Boston bombing suspects is speaking out, although I am not sure many here in America want to hear from her.
It’s natural, of course for a mother to doubt that her sons are capapble of something as awful as the Boston Marathon bombings.
But in this case, she is not only going as far as saying that she doesn’t believe they are guilty, or that she needs to hear from the younger son himself. No, she is going as far as saying that America “took her sons” from her family and she regrets coming here, to the U.S., in the first place.
She said America promised to protect her sons and now it is victimizing them.
Mom, I am sorry for the pain you are going through, but it seems pretty apparent to all of us, that your boys, no matter how wonderful they started out, have done the worst: They terrorized a crowd of race onlookers, killed an 8-year-old boy and two others and hurt hundreds more. They led the police on a days-long chase and held the citizens of Watertown hostage in their homes for 24 hours.
And still, your son who survived the police shootout is afforded all the rights and priveleges any other U.S. citizen would be in the same situation. Yes, the U.S. is the country who ACCEPTED this family, without prejudice, from a war-torn country.
Just like the Statue of Liberty says, we take many of the world’s tired, poor, and huddled masses. And then we gave that most precious of gifts to your youngest son. We gave him citizenship. And look what he did.
You’re sorry you ever came here? So am I.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them