The president is showing his parenting chops.
Along with the First Lady, in an interview with NBC, he spoke about talking to his daughters about tattoos.
Now, few parents would ENCOURAGE their kids to get a tattoo, but telling your kids they aren’t cool and expecting them to listen? You’re dreaming.
Instead, the president said he told the girls that if they DO get a tattoo, he and Michelle will get one too.
The very same one.
That’s funny. Maybe tongue-in-cheek, but a great way to tell your kids something without truly having to lay down the law.
We got lucky in our house. We had a babysitter when our daughter was a pre-teenager. She had a tattoo on her shoulder. She was also a very tall, very beautiful, very cool girl that our daughter looked up to.
When she was planning her wedding, she went through a very obvious, painful and expensive removal process, because she didn’t want her tattoo to show above her wedding dress. She talked a lot about how awful it was. My daughter watched it and I didn’t have to say a thing.
Man arrested on ricin-related charges released
So last week, a Mississippi man was arrested for allegedly sending the ricin-tainted letters to the president and a senator.
The story didn’t get as much attention as it would have of course, because of the Boston story. But Wednesday, we now know the man has been cleared and the FBI is looking into another man in the case.
Paul Kevin Curtis, an Elvis impersonator, is now free and another man, Everett Dutchke, is under investigation. That was fast.
I wonder what Paul Kevin Curtis wants in return?
‘People’ on Gwyneth Paltrow
Is “People” magazine bending over backwards to be nice to Gwyneth by naming her their most beautiful for 2013?
But coming from where I sit, at 42, it’s nice that the most beautiful winner is nearly my age, has kids, and gets where she is in some degree by following an absolutely amazing diet. That’s encouraging.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths