The president is showing his parenting chops.
Along with the First Lady, in an interview with NBC, he spoke about talking to his daughters about tattoos.
Now, few parents would ENCOURAGE their kids to get a tattoo, but telling your kids they aren’t cool and expecting them to listen? You’re dreaming.
Instead, the president said he told the girls that if they DO get a tattoo, he and Michelle will get one too.
The very same one.
That’s funny. Maybe tongue-in-cheek, but a great way to tell your kids something without truly having to lay down the law.
We got lucky in our house. We had a babysitter when our daughter was a pre-teenager. She had a tattoo on her shoulder. She was also a very tall, very beautiful, very cool girl that our daughter looked up to.
When she was planning her wedding, she went through a very obvious, painful and expensive removal process, because she didn’t want her tattoo to show above her wedding dress. She talked a lot about how awful it was. My daughter watched it and I didn’t have to say a thing.
Man arrested on ricin-related charges released
So last week, a Mississippi man was arrested for allegedly sending the ricin-tainted letters to the president and a senator.
The story didn’t get as much attention as it would have of course, because of the Boston story. But Wednesday, we now know the man has been cleared and the FBI is looking into another man in the case.
Paul Kevin Curtis, an Elvis impersonator, is now free and another man, Everett Dutchke, is under investigation. That was fast.
I wonder what Paul Kevin Curtis wants in return?
‘People’ on Gwyneth Paltrow
Is “People” magazine bending over backwards to be nice to Gwyneth by naming her their most beautiful for 2013?
But coming from where I sit, at 42, it’s nice that the most beautiful winner is nearly my age, has kids, and gets where she is in some degree by following an absolutely amazing diet. That’s encouraging.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development