Much is being made of Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer’s absence from the state this week.
She left the state on Sunday and will return Saturday. She informed Sec. of State Ken Bennett as much, which is required, but she didn’t say where she was going.
Her spokesperson, Matthew Benson, told KTAR that details would be forthcoming, within a couple of days, which raises the suspicion that the trip is of questionable nature. Why else would her staff not tell us now?
According to ABC News, however, she may not have informed her STAFF where she was going.
She has been spotted on a plane to Washington, D.C. and at the VA Hospital on the East Coast, prompting Arizona media to play a political game of “Where’s Brewer?”
I don’t care if the governor is getting a facelift, visiting the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, or just wanted to see RGIII in person, but her staff needs to know where she is.
I don’t believe that the public has a right to know where every state employee is at all times, even one who happens to be the governor. She has a right to privacy, to a point. If she is taking a personal trip, she should be able to say so.
But the governor’s staff, without question, needs to know her whereabouts. When they don’t know, or appear to have been deceived, everyone looks bad.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them