Much is being made of Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer’s absence from the state this week.
She left the state on Sunday and will return Saturday. She informed Sec. of State Ken Bennett as much, which is required, but she didn’t say where she was going.
Her spokesperson, Matthew Benson, told KTAR that details would be forthcoming, within a couple of days, which raises the suspicion that the trip is of questionable nature. Why else would her staff not tell us now?
According to ABC News, however, she may not have informed her STAFF where she was going.
She has been spotted on a plane to Washington, D.C. and at the VA Hospital on the East Coast, prompting Arizona media to play a political game of “Where’s Brewer?”
I don’t care if the governor is getting a facelift, visiting the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, or just wanted to see RGIII in person, but her staff needs to know where she is.
I don’t believe that the public has a right to know where every state employee is at all times, even one who happens to be the governor. She has a right to privacy, to a point. If she is taking a personal trip, she should be able to say so.
But the governor’s staff, without question, needs to know her whereabouts. When they don’t know, or appear to have been deceived, everyone looks bad.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.