Much is being made of Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer’s absence from the state this week.
She left the state on Sunday and will return Saturday. She informed Sec. of State Ken Bennett as much, which is required, but she didn’t say where she was going.
Her spokesperson, Matthew Benson, told KTAR that details would be forthcoming, within a couple of days, which raises the suspicion that the trip is of questionable nature. Why else would her staff not tell us now?
According to ABC News, however, she may not have informed her STAFF where she was going.
She has been spotted on a plane to Washington, D.C. and at the VA Hospital on the East Coast, prompting Arizona media to play a political game of “Where’s Brewer?”
I don’t care if the governor is getting a facelift, visiting the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, or just wanted to see RGIII in person, but her staff needs to know where she is.
I don’t believe that the public has a right to know where every state employee is at all times, even one who happens to be the governor. She has a right to privacy, to a point. If she is taking a personal trip, she should be able to say so.
But the governor’s staff, without question, needs to know her whereabouts. When they don’t know, or appear to have been deceived, everyone looks bad.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona