Much is being made of Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer’s absence from the state this week.
She left the state on Sunday and will return Saturday. She informed Sec. of State Ken Bennett as much, which is required, but she didn’t say where she was going.
Her spokesperson, Matthew Benson, told KTAR that details would be forthcoming, within a couple of days, which raises the suspicion that the trip is of questionable nature. Why else would her staff not tell us now?
According to ABC News, however, she may not have informed her STAFF where she was going.
She has been spotted on a plane to Washington, D.C. and at the VA Hospital on the East Coast, prompting Arizona media to play a political game of “Where’s Brewer?”
I don’t care if the governor is getting a facelift, visiting the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, or just wanted to see RGIII in person, but her staff needs to know where she is.
I don’t believe that the public has a right to know where every state employee is at all times, even one who happens to be the governor. She has a right to privacy, to a point. If she is taking a personal trip, she should be able to say so.
But the governor’s staff, without question, needs to know her whereabouts. When they don’t know, or appear to have been deceived, everyone looks bad.
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match