I have come face to face with wheat. And I have walked away!
But the last two days were really, REALLY hard.
Last night, my husband and I went to a Teach for America reception at dinnertime. It was at a beautiful home that belongs to friends of ours, and everything at this house and at these gatherings is always top-notch. Including the food. The hostess welcomed me and said “There’s food in the kitchen.. help yourself.” I was scared. And for good reason! The counters were overloaded with platters of food. There were pigs in little blankets… open faced mini club sandwiches… and crab cakes, with bread crumbs, of course.
I ate raw veggies. I really wanted the pigs blankets.
I just kept reminding myself “I feel great… I feel great!” I can’t deny that I do. And it’s GOT to be the lack of wheat.
Still, it looks so tasty!!
We went to dinner at Tarbells. Mark was a guest on the show and he said his menu is actually about 85% gluten free. Fantastic!
Except for the bread. That delicious, warm, crusty French loaf that comes with a bowl of olive oil.
Strike two! The server put it down and I had to have my husband hide it behind his wine. God, it looked good. At one point he even taunted me with it… I told him he was over the line. Grrrrrr
And this morning I went to pick up a salad for work…. Where did genius, wheat free me decide to go? Wildflower Bread Company. Brilliant. It’s like I didn’t THINK that would be difficult. Or maybe, sub-conciously, I thought that looking into the eye of the beast would be good for me.
I ordered a chopped salad, hold the bread… God, I never thought that would be possible.
But it is… and I DO feel great. It’s undeniable. I am getting pretty good support too, and overall, this 10 days has been easier than I thought it would be.
But I still don’t like the pizza. (:
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon