I love this take on Chick-fil-A.
My support of gay marriage and my respect for all individuals’ political beliefs are equally strong. I rejoice in the fact that in America, a businessman can be so successful that he and his family can own an entire chain of 1,600-plus restaurants across the country.
It has never been a secret that owner and CEO Dan Cathy is Christian, and financially supports Christian causes. You can argue all day that discriminating against LGBTs is anti-Christian, but most organized Christian religions still don’t support same sex marriages. Why the fake outrage?
If the gay and black author of the above article is OK with eating really good fast food chicken, served to her by a successful American businessman who happens to believe what he was taught in Sunday school, so am I.
As for those who would deny a Chick-fil-A franchisee (who, on average, take in $190,000 each year with a very small up front investment) a business license, that’s just as bad.
It’s ok to have different opinions about gay marriage.
It’s not ok to hate anyone over them.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night