On Tuesday’s show, Chuck and I talked about Marissa Mayer, Yahoo’s new CEO.
Chuck thought Yahoo should wait til Marissa had her baby to announce her hiring. He reasoned that she doesn’t know how she will react to having her first child, and after delivering and caring for a newborn, she might not be up for the task.
He’s right. She might not be. But I believe she deserves the chance to find out.
She has proven herself to be intelligent and hard-working, resourceful and energetic. I have no doubt that if anyone could take on such a life change and enormous new job at the same time and be a success, she could.
And if her name was William Mayer, and it was William’s wife having the child, no one would question either the ability of the new hire or the company’s wisdom in making it.
For that reason alone, she deserves the opportunity.
It’s going to be hard, and she will have more wrinkles, less sleep and a closet full of work-appropriate stretch pants when it’s all over, but I am betting she is up for the task.
Good luck Marissa, and congratulations Yahoo for your courage and confidence in your new hire.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development