For good reason.
My first thought was, “Who asked you?”
I realize that Ann Marie Slaughter has acheived a large
measure of professional and personal success, by most
But in the article, she writes that a friend of hers
implored her “not to write” a column about how women can’t
have it all. She thought maybe too many women would
believe her and stop trying.
“Having it all” is perhaps the most personal sentiment we
can feel as humans — it is a feeeling that resides in our
hearts and souls next to gratitude and inner happiness,
and dare I say, peace.
For some women, having it all means having a solid
marriage, healthy children and a garden in the back yard.
For others it means a high-powered career and influential
circle of friends.
Still others want a combination of the two.
And the feeling that cannot possibly “have it all” because
of the natural limits put on us by our everyday
circumstances is most certainly not limited to those of
the female persuasion.
In the end, perhaps it is as Ellen Goodman said, we can
all have everything, just not at the same time.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains