For good reason.
My first thought was, “Who asked you?”
I realize that Ann Marie Slaughter has acheived a large
measure of professional and personal success, by most
But in the article, she writes that a friend of hers
implored her “not to write” a column about how women can’t
have it all. She thought maybe too many women would
believe her and stop trying.
“Having it all” is perhaps the most personal sentiment we
can feel as humans — it is a feeeling that resides in our
hearts and souls next to gratitude and inner happiness,
and dare I say, peace.
For some women, having it all means having a solid
marriage, healthy children and a garden in the back yard.
For others it means a high-powered career and influential
circle of friends.
Still others want a combination of the two.
And the feeling that cannot possibly “have it all” because
of the natural limits put on us by our everyday
circumstances is most certainly not limited to those of
the female persuasion.
In the end, perhaps it is as Ellen Goodman said, we can
all have everything, just not at the same time.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier