The interwebs are abuzz with petitions and calls to boycott certain retailers such as Macy’s, Target and Walmart this holiday season. Why? It would have to be something along the lines of poor working conditions or human rights violations, right?
Nope. These evil profiteers are destroying the sanctity of that highest of holidays: Thanksgiving. These stores have chosen to open Thanksgiving to start the Christmas shopping season a few hours earlier.
How dare they ask their employees to alter their turkey feasting times. How dare they pay their employees time and a half to help their company stay in the black and secure the funds to keep them employed. After all, we have designated ONE meal a year to reflect on what we are thankful for and we will be damned if these evil empires will keep us from doing just that!
It is our right to stuff our faces, drink too much and watch football for six hours, take a nap, then do it all over again. We will show these retailers who’s in charge around here. We should be congratulated for sticking up for the little guy.
While we are patting ourselves on the back in celebration of our successful protest, we should take some time for ourselves. We deserve it.
We will take some time to watch football and be thankful for the thousands of employees who are WORKING to run the stadium and broadcast the game.
We will take some time to bake a pie and be thankful for the employees who are WORKING at the gas company making sure that gas continues to flow to your home on this holiday.
We will take some time to watch the Macy’s Thnaksgiving Day Parade (keep in mind that we are boycotting Macy’s) and be thankful all of the employees, officers and float riders for sacrificing their holiday for our enjoyment.
We can stop being complete hypocrites!! The world continues to run while we are stuffing our faces and pretending to like our extended family. It takes actual people to show up to work to keep the world running.
Time to get over ourselves and put an end to our selective outrage.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
- Former Arizona Cardinals player Bertrand Berry trades in football for fishing pole
- Fishermen (and women) of all skill levels can benefit from using a guide
- Get Outdoors Unleashed: The training of the dog begins
- Get Outdoors product review: Jumping Jack Trailer
- Survey shows young women like outdoorsmen and there's hope for humanity!