The interwebs are abuzz with petitions and calls to boycott certain retailers such as Macy’s, Target and Walmart this holiday season. Why? It would have to be something along the lines of poor working conditions or human rights violations, right?
Nope. These evil profiteers are destroying the sanctity of that highest of holidays: Thanksgiving. These stores have chosen to open Thanksgiving to start the Christmas shopping season a few hours earlier.
How dare they ask their employees to alter their turkey feasting times. How dare they pay their employees time and a half to help their company stay in the black and secure the funds to keep them employed. After all, we have designated ONE meal a year to reflect on what we are thankful for and we will be damned if these evil empires will keep us from doing just that!
It is our right to stuff our faces, drink too much and watch football for six hours, take a nap, then do it all over again. We will show these retailers who’s in charge around here. We should be congratulated for sticking up for the little guy.
While we are patting ourselves on the back in celebration of our successful protest, we should take some time for ourselves. We deserve it.
We will take some time to watch football and be thankful for the thousands of employees who are WORKING to run the stadium and broadcast the game.
We will take some time to bake a pie and be thankful for the employees who are WORKING at the gas company making sure that gas continues to flow to your home on this holiday.
We will take some time to watch the Macy’s Thnaksgiving Day Parade (keep in mind that we are boycotting Macy’s) and be thankful all of the employees, officers and float riders for sacrificing their holiday for our enjoyment.
We can stop being complete hypocrites!! The world continues to run while we are stuffing our faces and pretending to like our extended family. It takes actual people to show up to work to keep the world running.
Time to get over ourselves and put an end to our selective outrage.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Get Outdoors product review: Who makes the best coffee tumbler for outdoors?
- Get Outdoors product review: Assault Hand Paddle
- Why you should be excited about this weekend's Arizona's Get Outdoors Expo
- How to get outdoors and film your experience easily
- Get Outdoors Unleashed: Taking the dog out to new hunting grounds