Forget about all of this “World’s Police” nonsense. The United States has been handed a new calling as global mercenaries, the USA-Team, if you will.
Don’t believe me? I present to you this week’s testimony of Secretary of State John Kerry.
Kerry said at Wednesday’s hearing that Arab countries have offered to pay for the unseating President Bashar al-Assad if the United States took the lead militarily. “With respect to Arab countries offering to bare costs and to assess, the answer is profoundly yes, they have. That offer is on the table.”
When pressed by Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen of Florida, on how much these Arab countries are offering to cover, Kerry replied, “In fact, some of them have said that if the United States is prepared to go do the whole thing the way we’ve done it previously in other places, they’ll carry that cost.”
Did you catch that? One more time, “… the way we’ve done it previously in other places …” Since I’m a nice guy, I will launch the political translator app to break this down for you. “The way we’ve done it” is translated to “Invading, shock and awe, regime change and rebel alliances.” The term “other places” translates to “Libya, Iraq, Egypt, Afghanistan, etc.”
That’s right — the Arab nations want to hire the U.S. to fight their battles for them like we did in the W days. This might not have been another war for oil in the beginning but it is now.
So riddle me this: Why is a country with a $780 billion defense budget (that’s us) standing on the world’s off ramp with a cardboard sign that reads, “Will Bomb For Food”? Did someone forget to include the occasional invasion costs into the largest defense budget in the universe?
I’m sure that Secretary Kerry (hey, that rhymes) was not intending to replace our long-standing moniker of “World’s Police” with “Global Mercenaries for Hire” but lets face it, this clown doesn’t mean to do much of what he does.
What he did do was downgrade the United States of America from “Global Superpower” to “Global Sellouts” in a short few seconds of testimony.
Great job, Mr. Secretary.
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee