Basic stuffing recipe
(The number of waffles depends on the type of waffle maker you have)
1 Loaf of bread torn into pieces(whichever kind you like for stuffing)
3 carrots diced
2 celery stalk diced
3 cloves of garlic diced
1 tbs butter
1 tsp olive oil
4 c chick broth
2 tsp poultry seasoning
1.) Tear bread into pieces and spread it on a cookie sheet and either let it dry over night or stick it in the oven at 250 degrees for about 10 minutes until it dries out.
2.) Melt butter and oil over medium high heat and sauté carrots and celery until soft.
3.) Add garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes paying close attention not to scotch the garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
4.) Let the mixture cool
5.) Put dried bread in a big mixing bowl and add the cooled celery, carrots, garlic and poultry seasoning and toss with your hands.
6.) Turn your waffle iron on
7.) Add 2c chicken broth and mix the bread with your hands. You want the mixture to be wet but not sopping wet. Add more chicken broth, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper as needed. Sometimes I even add granulated chicken broth instead of salt for added flavor.
8.) Spray your waffle iron with cooking oil.
9.) Once the mixture is wet and mixed, wet your hands and then take a handful of the stuffing and start to spread it out over the waffle maker making sure you spread the mixtures to the edges. Close the waffle maker
10.) Once the waffles are finished I lay a waffle on a plate, put mashed potatoes of top, then turkey and cover in gravy with a side of cranberry sauce.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments