More than 6,000 American servicemen and women have died fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. The total monetary cost is nearing $1 trillion. We have spent 15 years trying to rid the region of religious extremists and instill the concept of a representative democracy.
For those of you cheering for a re-engagement in the region and “War with ISIS,” I have a few questions:
1. How many more American lives are you willing to sacrifice? Will you be volunteering yourself?
2. What time-frame is needed to accomplish the goals?
3. What ARE the goals?
4. Using history as an example, what makes you think the region will be better, as opposed to worse, after another war?
5. Can you point to a specific threat to America (or our way of life) that can be mitigated by fighting another war in the region?
I reserve the right to ask more questions of the “Never-Ending Wars Club.” You know who you are.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them