More than 6,000 American servicemen and women have died fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. The total monetary cost is nearing $1 trillion. We have spent 15 years trying to rid the region of religious extremists and instill the concept of a representative democracy.
For those of you cheering for a re-engagement in the region and “War with ISIS,” I have a few questions:
1. How many more American lives are you willing to sacrifice? Will you be volunteering yourself?
2. What time-frame is needed to accomplish the goals?
3. What ARE the goals?
4. Using history as an example, what makes you think the region will be better, as opposed to worse, after another war?
5. Can you point to a specific threat to America (or our way of life) that can be mitigated by fighting another war in the region?
I reserve the right to ask more questions of the “Never-Ending Wars Club.” You know who you are.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night