More than 6,000 American servicemen and women have died fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. The total monetary cost is nearing $1 trillion. We have spent 15 years trying to rid the region of religious extremists and instill the concept of a representative democracy.
For those of you cheering for a re-engagement in the region and “War with ISIS,” I have a few questions:
1. How many more American lives are you willing to sacrifice? Will you be volunteering yourself?
2. What time-frame is needed to accomplish the goals?
3. What ARE the goals?
4. Using history as an example, what makes you think the region will be better, as opposed to worse, after another war?
5. Can you point to a specific threat to America (or our way of life) that can be mitigated by fighting another war in the region?
I reserve the right to ask more questions of the “Never-Ending Wars Club.” You know who you are.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments