It’s a COMMERCIAL! It’s meant to sell carbonated water! And the reaction/outrage to Coca-Cola’s “America the Beautiful” ad was predictable and sad.
We have become a nation with a small majority of small-minded people can hijack the conversation at any time for any perceived slight on their version of ‘Merica.
This country has always been a proud melting pot of nationalities. I’ll spare you the quote from the Statue of Liberty, but suffice to say the VAST majority of American’s ancestors didn’t come from here, nor did they speak “American” when they hit our shores.
How insecure and narrow-minded must you be to think that a Super Bowl commercial that features a variety of languages somehow attacks the United States at its core? I’d argue the ad achieves just the opposite and, in a small way, reinforces the notion that the rest of the world admires and looks to America as a symbol of freedom and good intentions.
And for those who want to boycott Coke, go ahead. Just remember, Kanye West drinks Pepsi. Now THAT’S a dilemma.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development