It’s a COMMERCIAL! It’s meant to sell carbonated water! And the reaction/outrage to Coca-Cola’s “America the Beautiful” ad was predictable and sad.
We have become a nation with a small majority of small-minded people can hijack the conversation at any time for any perceived slight on their version of ‘Merica.
This country has always been a proud melting pot of nationalities. I’ll spare you the quote from the Statue of Liberty, but suffice to say the VAST majority of American’s ancestors didn’t come from here, nor did they speak “American” when they hit our shores.
How insecure and narrow-minded must you be to think that a Super Bowl commercial that features a variety of languages somehow attacks the United States at its core? I’d argue the ad achieves just the opposite and, in a small way, reinforces the notion that the rest of the world admires and looks to America as a symbol of freedom and good intentions.
And for those who want to boycott Coke, go ahead. Just remember, Kanye West drinks Pepsi. Now THAT’S a dilemma.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night