It’s a COMMERCIAL! It’s meant to sell carbonated water! And the reaction/outrage to Coca-Cola’s “America the Beautiful” ad was predictable and sad.
We have become a nation with a small majority of small-minded people can hijack the conversation at any time for any perceived slight on their version of ‘Merica.
This country has always been a proud melting pot of nationalities. I’ll spare you the quote from the Statue of Liberty, but suffice to say the VAST majority of American’s ancestors didn’t come from here, nor did they speak “American” when they hit our shores.
How insecure and narrow-minded must you be to think that a Super Bowl commercial that features a variety of languages somehow attacks the United States at its core? I’d argue the ad achieves just the opposite and, in a small way, reinforces the notion that the rest of the world admires and looks to America as a symbol of freedom and good intentions.
And for those who want to boycott Coke, go ahead. Just remember, Kanye West drinks Pepsi. Now THAT’S a dilemma.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick