Possibly the best proof yet that Colorado’s new marijuana laws have started to impact the thought process of an entire state.
can you explain these ads? From the same marketing geniuses that brought you the keg-standing “bros” singing the praises of the Affordable Care Act, comes the latest rounds of “ladies” — and I’m being kind — trying to sell young women on the benefits of paying for something they don’t want or need. As I understand it, the purpose of advertising is to compel a consumer to do something and for the life of me I cannot figure out the type of person who identifies with and would be compelled to sign up because of these ads.
I will not get “offended” for women everywhere, but what should I think about an ad campaign that leads me to believe that young women are excited to get health insurance so they can engage in risky behavior like sex with strangers and extra money for shots of alcohol. (Side note: Can you tell me exactly where these girls hang out?) Are these ads empowering to women and reflect the Millennial Generation or a horrible stereotype that sets the Women’s Movement back to 1931?
Oh, and someone needs to explain to me why the one girl is excited to molest a cardboard cutout of Ryan Gosling and exactly what that has to do with Obamacare unless it covers paper cuts.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.