Possibly the best proof yet that Colorado’s new marijuana laws have started to impact the thought process of an entire state.
can you explain these ads? From the same marketing geniuses that brought you the keg-standing “bros” singing the praises of the Affordable Care Act, comes the latest rounds of “ladies” — and I’m being kind — trying to sell young women on the benefits of paying for something they don’t want or need. As I understand it, the purpose of advertising is to compel a consumer to do something and for the life of me I cannot figure out the type of person who identifies with and would be compelled to sign up because of these ads.
I will not get “offended” for women everywhere, but what should I think about an ad campaign that leads me to believe that young women are excited to get health insurance so they can engage in risky behavior like sex with strangers and extra money for shots of alcohol. (Side note: Can you tell me exactly where these girls hang out?) Are these ads empowering to women and reflect the Millennial Generation or a horrible stereotype that sets the Women’s Movement back to 1931?
Oh, and someone needs to explain to me why the one girl is excited to molest a cardboard cutout of Ryan Gosling and exactly what that has to do with Obamacare unless it covers paper cuts.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development