My brother from another mother, John Stossel hit the nail on the head Wednesday.
Not only am I not panicked at the thought of another week of “Government Shutdown,” I admit to being enthusiastically in favor of it. Permanently. As a matter of fact, as Stossel points out, the longer we go without these “essential Government services” the more people will come around to our way of thinking and ask, “Why do we need them at all?”
And THAT is what politicians of BOTH parties fear the most: a day when the American public decides we don’t need, want and won’t pay for Government intrusion, roadblocks and mothering anymore.
Sequestration, shutdown, debt ceiling. So while the ruling political class has $millions of reasons to try and scare us into believing how catastrophic these things are and actively plots to make visible and painful cuts in an effort to find our weakness, stand strong America and face down these political terrorists.
I, for one, do not respond to threats from Government and consider the past week one of the greatest in American history. Let’s go for two weeks!
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon