My brother from another mother, John Stossel hit the nail on the head Wednesday.
Not only am I not panicked at the thought of another week of “Government Shutdown,” I admit to being enthusiastically in favor of it. Permanently. As a matter of fact, as Stossel points out, the longer we go without these “essential Government services” the more people will come around to our way of thinking and ask, “Why do we need them at all?”
And THAT is what politicians of BOTH parties fear the most: a day when the American public decides we don’t need, want and won’t pay for Government intrusion, roadblocks and mothering anymore.
Sequestration, shutdown, debt ceiling. So while the ruling political class has $millions of reasons to try and scare us into believing how catastrophic these things are and actively plots to make visible and painful cuts in an effort to find our weakness, stand strong America and face down these political terrorists.
I, for one, do not respond to threats from Government and consider the past week one of the greatest in American history. Let’s go for two weeks!
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas