I don’t need more reasons to dislike Al Sharpton, but I got another one anyway.
In response to the Supreme Court’s decision Tuesday morning that requires Congress to apply modern standards to an ancient issue, Mr. Sharpton rang the race bell and warned that we were headed back to a time when blacks couldn’t vote. That’s right, DESPITE the fact that minorities voted in record numbers in the past few elections, despite the fact we have an African American president and despite the fact that African-American’s are currently in elected office in ALL of the states affected by this, the “White Devil” is coming to take away your right to vote.
And in case anyone was unclear at exactly what Mr. Sharpton was angling at, he invoked Dr. Martin Luther King’s name and made the fantastic conclusion that by asking Congress to write a provision of the Voting Rights Act that takes into account 40-plus years of racial progress, the Supreme Court has “cancelled the Dream”.
Give me a break.
I get it that America will never be a place worth celebrating to Mr. Sharpton, but thankfully the Supreme Court can rise above the pandering and race-baiting that exists in Congress and apply some logic to this law.
As usual, a good rule of thumb is that if Al Sharpton is opposed to something, I’m enthusiastically in support of it. And vice versa. Worked pretty well so far.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development