I don’t need more reasons to dislike Al Sharpton, but I got another one anyway.
In response to the Supreme Court’s decision Tuesday morning that requires Congress to apply modern standards to an ancient issue, Mr. Sharpton rang the race bell and warned that we were headed back to a time when blacks couldn’t vote. That’s right, DESPITE the fact that minorities voted in record numbers in the past few elections, despite the fact we have an African American president and despite the fact that African-American’s are currently in elected office in ALL of the states affected by this, the “White Devil” is coming to take away your right to vote.
And in case anyone was unclear at exactly what Mr. Sharpton was angling at, he invoked Dr. Martin Luther King’s name and made the fantastic conclusion that by asking Congress to write a provision of the Voting Rights Act that takes into account 40-plus years of racial progress, the Supreme Court has “cancelled the Dream”.
Give me a break.
I get it that America will never be a place worth celebrating to Mr. Sharpton, but thankfully the Supreme Court can rise above the pandering and race-baiting that exists in Congress and apply some logic to this law.
As usual, a good rule of thumb is that if Al Sharpton is opposed to something, I’m enthusiastically in support of it. And vice versa. Worked pretty well so far.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them