I don’t need more reasons to dislike Al Sharpton, but I got another one anyway.
In response to the Supreme Court’s decision Tuesday morning that requires Congress to apply modern standards to an ancient issue, Mr. Sharpton rang the race bell and warned that we were headed back to a time when blacks couldn’t vote. That’s right, DESPITE the fact that minorities voted in record numbers in the past few elections, despite the fact we have an African American president and despite the fact that African-American’s are currently in elected office in ALL of the states affected by this, the “White Devil” is coming to take away your right to vote.
And in case anyone was unclear at exactly what Mr. Sharpton was angling at, he invoked Dr. Martin Luther King’s name and made the fantastic conclusion that by asking Congress to write a provision of the Voting Rights Act that takes into account 40-plus years of racial progress, the Supreme Court has “cancelled the Dream”.
Give me a break.
I get it that America will never be a place worth celebrating to Mr. Sharpton, but thankfully the Supreme Court can rise above the pandering and race-baiting that exists in Congress and apply some logic to this law.
As usual, a good rule of thumb is that if Al Sharpton is opposed to something, I’m enthusiastically in support of it. And vice versa. Worked pretty well so far.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns