You’d think people would have something more important to get worked up over. Advocacy groups honestly believe that a coffee mug, printed to look like a prescription bottle, will lead to the misuse and abuse of prescription painkillers.
While I do not deny that prescription drug overdoses and abuse are a real problem, it strikes me as odd that they think this is where they should focus their energy. The next (and first) time I hear of someone drinking their bottle of Vicodin after being influenced by a coffee mug, we’ll talk.
Coffee mugs are quickly becoming the last bastion of comedy and we must defend this medium before all the “World’s Greatest Dad” and “Hang in there, Friday’s coming” mugs go the way of the lawn dart.
Meanwhile, in the time it took for you to read this, 1,000 new prescriptions for painkillers were written because someone’s toe hurts. We’re doing it wrong.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development