You’d think people would have something more important to get worked up over. Advocacy groups honestly believe that a coffee mug, printed to look like a prescription bottle, will lead to the misuse and abuse of prescription painkillers.
While I do not deny that prescription drug overdoses and abuse are a real problem, it strikes me as odd that they think this is where they should focus their energy. The next (and first) time I hear of someone drinking their bottle of Vicodin after being influenced by a coffee mug, we’ll talk.
Coffee mugs are quickly becoming the last bastion of comedy and we must defend this medium before all the “World’s Greatest Dad” and “Hang in there, Friday’s coming” mugs go the way of the lawn dart.
Meanwhile, in the time it took for you to read this, 1,000 new prescriptions for painkillers were written because someone’s toe hurts. We’re doing it wrong.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments