When you consume news and information from a variety of sources (with a variety of viewpoints) a few “truths” begin to emerge.
Here is what I’ve learned from the Benghazi hearings so far.
1. Nobody took diplomatic safety and security seriously enough.
2. Once the attack began, nobody was close enough to rescue or save Ambassador Stevens and staff.
3. There is a difference between “lying” and “not telling all the truth,” although both occurred in the aftermath.
4. Neither “lying” nor “not telling all the truth” is currently against the law or an impeachable offense.
5. Nobody gets elected (or reelected) without lying. Ever.
6. We still vote for them and wrongly believe only the other guy “lies.”
Should something have been done before 9/11/12? Absolutely. Was there criminal negligence that led to the deaths of the ambassador and staff? Doesn’t look like it. Did the White House, or more specifically the Obama re-election campaign, “massage” the information so as to fit the narrative they were selling about a Democrat that was tough on terror, strong on defense and keeping you safe? Without a doubt.
But as Rob Hunter likes to say, “we get what we deserve” and politicians figured out a long time ago that we like to be lied to. There are few, if any consequences to it, and your political supporters will defend your lies even though they scream bloody murder when the other side does the same thing.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick