When you consume news and information from a variety of sources (with a variety of viewpoints) a few “truths” begin to emerge.
Here is what I’ve learned from the Benghazi hearings so far.
1. Nobody took diplomatic safety and security seriously enough.
2. Once the attack began, nobody was close enough to rescue or save Ambassador Stevens and staff.
3. There is a difference between “lying” and “not telling all the truth,” although both occurred in the aftermath.
4. Neither “lying” nor “not telling all the truth” is currently against the law or an impeachable offense.
5. Nobody gets elected (or reelected) without lying. Ever.
6. We still vote for them and wrongly believe only the other guy “lies.”
Should something have been done before 9/11/12? Absolutely. Was there criminal negligence that led to the deaths of the ambassador and staff? Doesn’t look like it. Did the White House, or more specifically the Obama re-election campaign, “massage” the information so as to fit the narrative they were selling about a Democrat that was tough on terror, strong on defense and keeping you safe? Without a doubt.
But as Rob Hunter likes to say, “we get what we deserve” and politicians figured out a long time ago that we like to be lied to. There are few, if any consequences to it, and your political supporters will defend your lies even though they scream bloody murder when the other side does the same thing.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier