It started the day of the Newtown tragedy: Rabid reporters shoving cameras and microphones into the faces of terrified children outside Sandy Hook Elementary.
Rightly, most people were appalled at the idea that this little kids would be thrust into the limelight after having witnessed the worst school shooting in our nation’s history.
So why is it suddenly fine for these same kids to be paraded about and held up as some symbol of healing, a symbol they didn’t sign up for?
It started with the Super Bowl and continues this week with the Grammys, where they will sing “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” and possibly end up on stage with Carly Rae Jepson to help out with “Call Me Maybe.”
Perfect. Nothing shows respect and reverence for those lost than dragging first- through fifth-graders around in order to make ourselves feel better.
I’ve seen it described as America’s pornographic obsession with tragedy, and nothing exemplifies it more than this type of exploitation.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.